Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HellVain

Any good map packs for Demonsteele?

Ive been Playing demonsteele non-stop and finished all of the original doom wads but I'm still craving for more....

Something with story and not just slaughter maps maybe...

Make some randomly generated maps with OBLIGE? They're not the squarey simple ones like SLIGE makes, it can hold you over or even to sharpen your skills against unpredictable situations.

Also, check the forum for unofficial addons for it.

step 1: Locate Demonsteele.pk3 within your DOOM folder

step 2: Send Demonsteele.pk3 to the recycle bin

step 3: Delete Demonsteele.pk3 from the recycle bin

step 4: Get a real Doom mod

Winged_Warrior said:

step 1: Locate Demonsteele.pk3 within your DOOM folder

step 2: Send Demonsteele.pk3 to the recycle bin

step 3: Delete Demonsteele.pk3 from the recycle bin

step 4: Get a real Doom mod

Jaxxoon R said:

Like Joe-ilya's Lost Maps. The height of realism.

Or Brutal Doom. Realest Doom mod ever, how Doom was meant to be made, Carmack and Romero are literally Hitler for not making Doom like Brutal Doom and that means non-Brutal Doom has at least double Hitler in it so you're terrible for playing it.

hey hellvain i recommend you try it with scythe 2 terminus heavely tested his mod with that pwad, not too mention its one hell of a good wad

Terminus posted these on SA at one point when someone asked the same question:

played through Scythe 2 so many times with DemonSteele that it’s practically balanced around the entire mod.
Hellground (not Hellbound, before anyone makes a smart comment) is the perfect combination of gothic atmosphere and crazy levels that fits DemonSteele perfectly, if you don’t mind fights a little on the easy side.
If you want a more atmospheric levelset rather than anything action-based, Dissolution is a personal favorite of mine.
I recently finished playing through Rush and it was an incredibly fun experience. It gets very laggy in map12, though, I need to figure out why.
If you have a powerful computer and can handle a whole ton of enemies, New Gothic Movement is guaranteed to test your might.
Finally, Aeternum is a nice three levels of chaos and mayhem, dark environments and a good slew of enemies to cut down.

and

Like Alain said, Scythe 2 is easily the first choice. I played DemonSteele so much on it during testing and development it's not even funny. Then again it's my personal favorite mapset SO I MAY BE SLIGHTLY BIASED.
Brotherhood of Ruin is great if you wanted more temples and ruins, seven maps of it.
The Eye is just fucking crazy. It's only one level, but dear God what a level it is.
Impossible: A New Reality is also only one level, and is a little light on enemies, but it's a real mind-bender.
Alternatively, if your PC is hefty and you want to go up against fifty million dudes in a single room, have a taste of Newgothic Movement 1, a merciless slaughterfest that won't let up.

So yeah Scythe 2 should be your first stop.

I agree, demonsteele is horrible. It is the sort of game Hitler himself would play (particularly as Hitler would have been a large fan of the anime). Doom is not meant to be tampered with and the creator of that mod has clearly stepped over his bounds. I suppose the relevant quote is "[they were] so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should."

The overuse of the 'metal' motifs also detracts from Doom as is the "over the top" use of blood. Also this odd idea of a sword cutting demons in half is patently ridiculous. I've trained with my own katana for many years now and I can tell you that cutting things in half is strictly for pieces of fruit.

Anyway, I'll not derail this anymore. After seeing Winged_Warrior's post I just felt I had to chime in.

Aesthetically I imagine Eternal DOOM being a cool match for it, but I don't know how it would play.

Is it fun, by the way?

I liked the trailer but am not so much into gameplay mods.

Da Werecat said:

I thought Brutal Doom was the only mod that provoked knee-jerk reactions around here.

Nax is being sarcastic. He's cool and funny.
Gustavo, on the other hand, REALLY doesn't like DemonSteele and has been very insistent in letting people know.

There has been a bit of a rivalry growing as of late, though. Some more hardcore Burt Lamb fans are going on about how the mod is evil and the worst, and some more hardcore Donutsteele fans are roaming around saying how Brumble is the antichrist and DamnitSteve is the superior in every aspect.
Not really sure why, considering they have very little in common aside massive amounts of blood.

It's not like the actual modders have any rivalry either, since Mark and I have been quite amicable even with our massive creative differences--Mark even offered to help out on DemonSteele's gore, which I turned down due to wanting to learn how2blood myself.

gemini09 said:

Aesthetically I imagine Eternal DOOM being a cool match for it, but I don't know how it would play.

Is it fun, by the way?

I liked the trailer but am not so much into gameplay mods.

As biased as I am, I think it's kind of nice.

It plays completely differently from typical Doom, being focused on going fast, dodging attacks, and hitting dudes with melee, with guns reserved for a backup role. Ideally, you'd want to W+M1 as much as possible, and the skill cap of the mod pretty much focuses entirely on how well you can W+M1 without getting hit--and for some people this is really super-cool while for others it's boring and predictable.
Recently I made a second character that focuses more on guns and gunplay, and she's got all the pitfalls of a typical "still in development" update.

If you're really not into gameplay mods and prefer the typical Doom, I'd definitely not suggest it. It's really not much like Doom in any way, shape, or form.
If you're interested in something that completely redoes the gameplay into something different, though, you might think it's something neat.

Obsidian said:

I really can't tell if people are being serious or not anymore.

Surely it was a joke.. It is kind of hard to tell, though.

Play it on good OS maps, that's where it seems to shine. MM1 and Scythe, can't go wrong. Maybe even pop it on doomcity.wad, bermuda.wad, or hellrun2.zip. Those maps seem to compliment every gameplay mod I throw at them.

There is no joke. My dad's-second cousin's-pet dog's-little sister's-babysitter's-boyfriend works at Activision, and I know the true secrets behind the beloved "classic."

Using my top-secret knowledge, I have constructed exactly how much Hitler is in Doom:

Actually, I don't think that's enough.

Wow, Hitler really is a freaking mega-superstar.

You see him left and right, no matter what the occasion is.

"Hitler-superstar"? With no need for announcement, I think that's already a success!

So, back to the fucking topic, now.... -_-

raymoohawk said:

hey hellvain i recommend you try it with scythe 2 terminus heavely tested his mod with that pwad, not too mention its one hell of a good wad

Playing it right now, It feel like playing through a first person devil may cry with all this Gothic themed architecture. It's amazing.

TerminusEst13 said:

Nax is being sarcastic. He's cool and funny.
Gustavo, on the other hand, REALLY doesn't like DemonSteele and has been very insistent in letting people know.

There has been a bit of a rivalry growing as of late, though. Some more hardcore Burt Lamb fans are going on about how the mod is evil and the worst, and some more hardcore Donutsteele fans are roaming around saying how Brumble is the antichrist and DamnitSteve is the superior in every aspect.
Not really sure why, considering they have very little in common aside massive amounts of blood.

It's not like the actual modders have any rivalry either, since Mark and I have been quite amicable even with our massive creative differences--Mark even offered to help out on DemonSteele's gore, which I turned down due to wanting to learn how2blood myself.

As biased as I am, I think it's kind of nice.

It plays completely differently from typical Doom, being focused on going fast, dodging attacks, and hitting dudes with melee, with guns reserved for a backup role. Ideally, you'd want to W+M1 as much as possible, and the skill cap of the mod pretty much focuses entirely on how well you can W+M1 without getting hit--and for some people this is really super-cool while for others it's boring and predictable.
Recently I made a second character that focuses more on guns and gunplay, and she's got all the pitfalls of a typical "still in development" update.

If you're really not into gameplay mods and prefer the typical Doom, I'd definitely not suggest it. It's really not much like Doom in any way, shape, or form.
If you're interested in something that completely redoes the gameplay into something different, though, you might think it's something neat.

woah, are you THE TerminusEst13 that created Demonsteele? You sir are awesome.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

OBLIGE for sure .. you're Obliged to get it .

*cricket noises*

lol ok sure, I'll try it. I'm happy to be obliged ;D

HellVain, it's best to edit your posts rather than double posting (or in this case, quintuple posting) if no one else has said anything since your last post. Just a friendly reminder!

Doomkid said:

HellVain, it's best to edit your posts rather than double posting (or in this case, quintuple posting) if no one else has said anything since your last post. Just a friendly reminder!

I was just replying to everybody, My posts are not the same. But thanks for the reminder though.

You realize you can reply to more than one person at once in a single post, right? Just hit quote for each of them and copy/paste the quotes into the same message, close all but that one, write your replies, and hit submit.