Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xblade

DOOM Multiplayer Trailer - Beta March 31 to April 3

Looks a little bit too slow for multiplayer imo - and the announcer voice is boring and weak - rest is awesome

Deatheye said:

Looks a little bit too slow for multiplayer imo - and the announcer voice is boring and weak - rest is awesome

Slow? How does it look slow?

First look at the Bruiser (I guess?) and the alternate Mancubus. I have to say: I love both :)

Can't wait....gimme gimme gimme

Looks great, the announcer does sound weak though, it would be better if it was some kind of demonic voice.

Tuskin38 said:

Slow? How does it look slow?

it's slower than quake 3 and I would have expected something as fast as quake 3

WOW! AMAZING! ! ! ! The new announcer sucks cock compared to the previous one but I can easily live with that! Wow. .that looked SICK! Can't wait to play the BETA! ! ! !

Doom could become the Mortal Kombat of FPS, you know dark, extremely bloody and gory, is there any other competitive FPS like this these days?

Deatheye said:

it's slower than quake 3 and I would have expected something as fast as quake 3

Then go play quake or quake live, hell Quake 2 has the same speed as this, jeez..."as fast as quake 3" What do you want? an FPS sonic?

Enforcer said:

at 0:59. Is that the Unmaker??

it looks kinda like a prototype rail rifle of some sort...

does anyone know, if i buy wolfenstein now, is there a chance i can get into the beta?

I noticed that they definitely swapped out the old / normal shotgun model for the grenade launcher modded one from singleplayer, guess that means alt-fire ammunition is also in multiplayer? Also interesting that they now briefly show off the new Prowler for multiplayer given what happened with the leaks and all. Albeit it was probably always planned for the trailer so that's probably just coincidence.

I've been a bit iffy about MP until now. Not only are there definitely hell maps, but there's some cool outdoor looking environments, too! All of it reminded me of my days playing Doom 2, Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament online, so obviously that's a good thing. I see they're teasing some new stuff like temporary shield walls, so that's neat. There are two things that are bugging me and they're both completely tolerable, so this is just nitpicking: The announcer sounds kinda wimpy--not that it needs to be overbearingly aggressive--and I think it's odd that the characters straight up bleed right through their suits, rather than say, the suit being pelted away, revealing skin, which then bleeds. I know there would be entry wounds that would go right through the suit and cause spillout, but the way they instantly squib as though the suit were made out of skin is throwing me off just a tad.

As to the Unmaker remark...more than likely that isn't anything quite in that direction, but it's weird looking and shoots laser looking stuff, so that'll do.

xblade said:

does anyone know, if i buy wolfenstein now, is there a chance i can get into the beta?

I think it was only if you pre-ordered.

GoatLord said:

I've been a bit iffy about MP until now. Not only are there definitely hell maps, but there's some cool outdoor looking environments, too! All of it reminded me of my days playing Doom 2, Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament online, so obviously that's a good thing. I see they're teasing some new stuff like temporary shield walls, so that's neat. There are two things that are bugging me and they're both completely tolerable, so this is just nitpicking: The announcer sounds kinda wimpy--not that it needs to be overbearingly aggressive--and I think it's odd that the characters straight up bleed right through their suits, rather than say, the suit being pelted away, revealing skin, which then bleeds. I know there would be entry wounds that would go right through the suit and cause spillout, but the way they instantly squib as though the suit were made out of skin is throwing me off just a tad.

As to the Unmaker remark...more than likely that isn't anything quite in that direction, but it's weird looking and shoots laser looking stuff, so that'll do.

To be fair on the second point, I've only seen, at best, bullet holes or blood splats on character models when it comes to injuries in shooters. Max Payne 3 may have had some real detailed bullet wound models on enemies, but that was more of an exception to the rule. Most of the time I just see it like here and in the other id games - shoot someone with a minigun and blood flies everywhere but they're perfectly intact up until I gib them, with Quake 2 being the sole exception.

The more I see of Doom 4 the more I want it. This looks like what Doom 3 should have been all along. No disrespect towards that game since it's still great in it's own right, but this just looks a thousand times better.

xblade said:

Some boxed copies found in stores have Beta Codes in them, not sure if they're still valid though.

ArchvileHunter said:

Some boxed copies found in stores have Beta Codes in them, not sure if they're still valid though.

That's how I got into the alpha

geX said:

Noooo disinterested banker is more cheerful now D:

Yeah man I was disappointed as well :( Still better than Halo 5's weird bastard announcer though :D

Nice , they changed their look :) (the Marines) , oh and that's a Nice Hellish Deathmatch map .

BETA Contents

Maps: Heatwave and Infernal
Game Modes: 6v6 Team Deathmatch and Warpath
Demon: Revenant
Weapons: Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, Super Shotgun, Vortex Rifle, Static Rifle, Heavy Assault Rifle, and Lightning Gun
Power Weapons: Gauss Cannon
Equipment: Frag Grenade, Personal Teleporter, Siphon Grenade

We get a new map to play in the beta!

I was really hoping that they would include the Baron Of Hell demon rune. =/