Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xblade

DOOM Multiplayer Trailer - Beta March 31 to April 3

HellVain said:

I think I just saw the Hayabusa Armor there...

The helmet is different though, Looks more like the one from Dead Space 3 .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

The helmet is different though, Looks more like the one from Dead Space 3 .

Yeah but still..the resemblance is...uncanny..

Wait a second , so i'm a bit confused .

If i pre - ordered the DOOM itself , i won't get the beta ?

I should have pre - ordered Wolfenstein years ago ?

What...

mordecai32 said:

So , let me get this straight .

I won't get the beta for pre - ordering the game itself ?

Yeah its odd, i still remember when i saw there was a DOOM beta before TNO came out, it just appeared out of nowhere.

mordecai32 said:

Wait a second , so i'm a bit confused .

If i pre - ordered the DOOM itself , i won't get the beta ?

I should have pre - ordered Wolfenstein years ago ?

What kind of fucking marketing is that ?

ID literally stated that whoever bought TNO and registered/activated the beta key that came with he would get the chance to play both the alpha tests and the eventual beta which didn't have a settled date until now

seriously how the fuck come you never got this ever

Almonds said:

ID literally stated that whoever bought TNO and registered/activated the beta key that came with he would get the chance to play both the alpha tests and the eventual beta which didn't have a settled date until now

seriously how the fuck come you never got this ever

Jesus christ, calm down. I already knew about it, I was simply making sure.

One strange thing i noticed though. The standard shotgun is in the trailer, but will not be in the beta?

magma86 said:

One strange thing i noticed though. The standard shotgun is in the trailer, but will not be in the beta?

The trailer is not about the beta though , it is about the multiplayer in general .

magma86 said:

There's also the Baron and the new dude as playable demons in the trailer, and the wall power up thing we saw. Maybe a few other things. That trailer doesn't necessarily reflect the beta content, just more MP footage :)

Egggcellent, with this and the new Unreal Tournament we'll have all the classic shooter goodness we need.

On another note, since they implemented first person perspectives of some demon enemies and allow you to play them, then I REALLY hope they add a Survivor mode like the one in Aliens vs. Predator 2 (I think it was in AVP3 as well), anyone remember that mode?

Arclite said:

Egggcellent, with this and the new Unreal Tournament we'll have all the classic shooter goodness we need.

On another note, since they implemented first person perspectives of some demon enemies and allow you to play them, then I REALLY hope they add a Survivor mode like the one in Aliens vs. Predator 2 (I think it was in AVP3 as well), anyone remember that mode?

I'm pretty sure that it will be pretty easy to make in snapmap .

mordecai32 said:

The trailer is not about the beta though , it is about the multiplayer in general .

Yeah, you are right :)

mordecai32 said:

I'm pretty sure that it will be pretty easy to make in snapmap .

I'd hope so, but from the little bits I've heard I don't think the community will be given the extensive modding tools to make new game modes. I'm not sure but I've seen people saying "no modding support".

MrDeAD1313 said:

There's also the Baron and the new dude as playable demons in the trailer, and the wall power up thing we saw. Maybe a few other things. That trailer doesn't necessarily reflect the beta content, just more MP footage :)

True :)

Arclite said:

I'd hope so, but from the little bits I've heard I don't think the community will be given the extensive modding tools to make new game modes. I'm not sure but I've seen people saying "no modding support".

You can create new game modes and edit the game logic in SnapMap. It's supposed to get quite advanced, just not as advanced as say, Doom Builder for the actual mapping aspects. But from what I understand we can absolutely make a Survivor mode :)

MrDeAD1313 said:

You can create new game modes and edit the game logic in SnapMap. It's supposed to get quite advanced, just not as advanced as say, Doom Builder for the actual mapping aspects. But from what I understand we can absolutely make a Survivor mode :)

Awesome! That would be my go-to game mode for online play. I also hope we're able to edit the campaign somehow and add in four player co-op optimization.

Arclite said:

Awesome! That would be my go-to game mode for online play. I also hope we're able to edit the campaign somehow and add in four player co-op optimization.

Nah we can't edit anything campaign wise though co-op stuff will be possible in Snapmap.

Arclite said:

We can't edit the campaign unfortunately. But we CAN make co-op games in SnapMap as well. The only problem there is that we can't make an actually 'campaign' because we can't carry items from map to map. But maybe we can find a way to make a story type thing if we can be clever enough with the tools we do have :)

An extra map, new guns, new toys, new mode and it all falls on a weekend I know I have off from work? And I can legally talk about it and share video this time? Thats enough to cover my sadness in the loss of disinterested banker. Thanks for the news OP.

So, who's asses am I kicking on PS4? Show of hands. :D

0:19 demon armor that comes w/ preorder?? looks similar to the chestplate that was drawn in the pre-order infobox

.....Wow. That got out of hand pretty fast.

So , let's return to the topic here.

Seems like the weapon upgrades will be available in the MP also .

This concept confirms that the shotgun we saw in the trailer is actually a modded version of it , not a new model .

Johnatone said:

An extra map, new guns, new toys, new mode and it all falls on a weekend I know I have off from work? And I can legally talk about it and share video this time? Thats enough to cover my sadness in the loss of disinterested banker. Thanks for the news OP.

So, who's asses am I kicking on PS4? Show of hands. :D

Ah man you make me miss my PS4. I'll be on Xbox and PC.

mordecai32 said:

.....Wow. That got out of hand pretty fast.

So , let's return to the topic here.

Seems like the weapon upgrades will be available in the MP also .

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/AODOOM-INT-SAMPLE-PG-146.jpg

This concept confirms that the shotgun we saw in the trailer is actually a modded version of it , not a new model .

Nice! Where'd you get this?