• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Florida is at it again....

Superluigieth1 said:

Karma at its finest

Karma?

She literally did nothing wrong except was an idiot. Keep your guns away from your children jesus christ.

The fact that I laughed out loud simply upon reading the OP is so fucking horrible. Pretty ironic incident. I feel kinda ashamed - It's a tragedy that the child will have to live with this weight throughout their life.

That woman is a fucking moron though.

CreamCheese said:

She literally did nothing wrong except was an idiot.

To be fair, there are times where idiocy is more than enough in the way of wrongdoing!

Doomkid said:

The fact that I laughed out loud simply upon reading the OP is so fucking horrible. Pretty ironic incident. I feel kinda ashamed - It's a tragedy that the child will have to live with this weight throughout their life.

That woman is a fucking moron though.

To be fair, there are times where idiocy is more than enough in the way of wrongdoing!

One thing I hate is how people are obsessed with outliers and anomalies, yeah there are a few dumbies but the vast majority of gun owners keep their shit in a safe and don't allow this kinda shit to happen.

To add insult to injury, I'd read elsewhere that Gilt could face prosecution for leaving a loaded handgun within her son's reach. :D

I am for teaching children to respect firearms in a country where gun laws are fairly liberal - to the extent where bringing a child (ages 13 and up) to a gun range to understand how lethal they are is fine, assuming it is for educational purposes. But teaching a 4 year old to use guns and exposing the weapon like that is just fricken stupid and it's people like her that harms honest hobbyist / enthusiasts when she thinks its helping them.

In Australia we have rather strict laws with weapons and I wouldn't change it one bit. It's enough to deter those who don't take the hobby seriously as well. Unfortunately in America it's impossible to impose that level of control for many reasons.

At least in the end no one died or was seriously injured so I can laugh at this.

Chezza said:

In Australia we have rather strict laws with weapons and I wouldn't change it one bit. It's enough to deter those who don't take the hobby seriously as well. Unfortunately in America it's impossible to impose that level of control for many reasons.

I think if you look at it across the world you will find a strong corellation between strictness of gun laws and gun related violence.

But that's somthing the USA will apparently never learn.

Yeah I'm never going to try and convince people to change their ways, by all means do what you're free to do in the USA, I'm on the other side of the planet now so it's unlikely to effect me unless something happens to a family member or friend or something.

CreamCheese said:

She literally did nothing wrong except was an idiot. Keep your guns away from your children jesus christ.

Not keeping firearms away from children is doing something wrong. Especially when you're someone claiming to be a reference in the matter of "gun sense"; how many people will she have influenced in imitating her kooky notion of gun safety?

So apparently she's just wounded and her life isn't threatened. It's gonna be hard enough for the kid, at least he won't have the trauma of having killed his mom.

Other than that, this is hilarious.

Graf Zahl said:

I think if you look at it across the world you will find a strong corellation between strictness of gun laws and gun related violence.

Gun advocates typically point out at failed states -- like Mexico, where police is either corrupt and in the hands of a drug cartel, or dead -- as counterexamples. On paper, gun laws are strict in Mexico, it's just that there's nobody to enforce them.

Gez said:

Not keeping firearms away from children is doing something wrong.

100% correct. I'm so done with the "guns are tools" thing. Guns are weapons. They have one purpose -- to kill; short of that, to maim. It's no different than leaving a sword out or something.

I'm all for responsible gun laws and responsible gun owners and I believe they can co-exist peacefully. But dumbass rednecks like this are the least of what's wrong with the gun debate. When you start getting into the ammosexuals who tote their shitty off-brand AR-15s around on their backs as a form of protest I find that there are some very scary people and very upsetting ideologies on the pro-gun side.

Well, even tools shouldn't be left unattended when there are small children around, if said tools are dangerous. It's, like, common sense.

Exactly. A bottle a lye is a tool for unclogging pipes, but you don't have people advocating for lye rights, teaching kids how to pour lye in a sink, and boasting on the internet about their kids' ability to use lye. No, you put lye in a secure place out of reach of children because they can get seriously hurt if they start playing with it and put some on their skin, in their eyes, or in their mouths.

Oh God, another gun-related incident in Florida?

I'm beginning to have second thoughts about visiting Destin again because of this.

Graf Zahl said:

New Jersey has some of the strictest gun laws in the whole U.S., and that has not deterred gun violence here. There's been 25 homicides in the area I work in alone, back in 2015. Moreover, the congressional district and city are run by liberals and Democrats. It is due to gang violence, and little wannabe-thugs that are still in high school. Normal citizens don't go out an start shooting people over turf wars, and drug-dealing territory. The problem has more to do with the glorification of a criminal-lifestyle, and the rejection of working within the system to achieve upward mobility. As for the situation with this woman, she's totally in the wrong for failing to be a responsible owner.

It's too bad she didn't get a Darwin Award..

I'm a pro-gun lib and even I know you've got to be monumentally retarded to allow a 4 year old to use a firearm.

Glaice said:

I'm a pro-gun lib and even I know you've got to be monumentally retarded to allow a 4 year old to use a firearm.

I agree, this women is a total dumb ass. She has failed to live up to a fundamental responsibility that comes with owning a firearm; keeping it out of reach from children.

Gez said:

So apparently she's just wounded and her life isn't threatened. It's gonna be hard enough for the kid, at least he won't have the trauma of having killed his mom.

Yeah, compare with this story for example.

Glaice said:

You're aware that she is a mother, right? Darwin Awards are for those who die without descendants, so what you're saying is basically "it's too bad the kid didn't kill himself as well as his mom".

Why doesn't american households carry body armors in their safes by now? With gun market plummeting, you'd thinking some manufacturer would take the opportunity by now.

Chezza said:

Speaking of that, I heard they are going to pass another bill in Australia for more strict firearms rules.

The problem is, USA's gun laws aren't strict enough, basicly anyone can buy a firearm and use it for whatever they want.
And yeah, to give a 4yo kid is just stupid and retarded, that woman should go straight to jail for pulling that shit.

j4rio said:

With gun market plummeting

I think you're confused the gun market is doing great. In fact they just hit record sales.

Graf Zahl said:

The Nordic countries and Switzerland have pretty high levels of gun ownership and they don't seem to have a problem with it. of course it might have something with them treating firearms with respect and not as 'fun sticks' like we Americans do.

Tarnsman said:

I think you're confused the gun market is doing great. In fact they just hit record sales.

Eh, I've always thought plummet was a synonym of peaking.

Piper Maru said:

I don't know whats going on with this world anymore.

New names, different locations, same old shit.

The mom wasn't wrong to teach her kids, but perhaps she started too young, and she definitely should've gone over trigger discipline more.