Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Doomkid's Random Deathmatch Event! March11 @ 6pm, BE THERE

This Friday night (Saturday morning for us Aussies) I'm going to be hosting a little deathmatch event. Basically the only reason for this is because there doesn't seem to be FNF scheduled for this weekend (searched here and on zandro????? what the heck?) and I really want to get some frags in.

---

DETAILS

When: March 11th, 6:00PM USA Eastern Time (10:00AM Aus Eastern Time)

What: Best of DWANGO! My favorite maps from the entire Dwango series.

Where: This will be hosted on Odamex on the Westside Connection California servers (Thanks Dr Sean!)

Huh: I recommend downloading the latest build of Odamex, as it has much better download speeds. Note: If you have issues with missing DLLs, make sure to download your machine's latest service pack!

IRC: Join us in IRC! irc.quakenet.org #dmstuff

Huh: Uh

---

This won't be a regular event, just a rare one-off, considering the circumstances. Hope to see some of you there, would be great to get a big Doomworld match happening!

EDIT: For those of you who don't have a server browser/don't usually do Multiplayer, connecting is a breeze though the console by simply typing "connect <ip address>". Players of all skills are welcome to come get some fun & frags.

I've never had any issues (running Win7 64bit) but in case anyone has similar problems running one of the new builds, it's probably best to just use the download on the odamex.net front page.

It's both random and spontaneous :)

Just meant to add, all wads can be found on grandpachuck.org!

Just over an hour til the event starts! Join us on IRC, or if you're too lazy to set up an IRC client, click here

For those if you who want to direct connect via console, simply type "connect grandpachuck.org:10659" and "rate 400" for better download speeds. Hope to see some of you there, and if you still need EVEN MORE fragging afterwards, FNF is on this week two hours later.

Frags for all!

So will be this every week? Could be cool.

edit: It was really cool and there were planty of players, should like see to again next week. Odamex is still my hearth matter, and its always nice play it with a lot ppl FFA.

Really fun event! I actually managed to grab a few screenshots too:

Spoiler

And done with time to spare before FNF starts! Might not do this weekly, but it will surely happen again in the future :)

Shit, I'm so sorry that I wasn't able to participate in this. Something happened where I had to be away from my keyboard.