Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

Scythe UV-Speed SS in 11:42

Started this in June of last year, then ran it a bit August-September, and spent a fair amount of time grinding this over the past month. Goal was sub-12, only had one previous exit at 12:50 as I reset aggressively. Some very close moments in this one. :D

Video now up on YouTube:

30sc1142.zip

So many places where the run could have ended, not counting the tricks :-D
Very nice!

Awesome run man. Very entertaining.

Oh and quick as well!

Bummed I missed it if you did it on stream!

Comments: This took way too long. This is only my second exit; first was back in fall of 2015

Holy crap.

Anyway, about to watch this. Your movement is really smooth/sexy. I wish I had even half of that.

Nice! Very impressive how quickly you set up many of the tricks. Bonus points for the close-calls making for an exciting E3 :)

That run was awesome and one of the best watches I've seen in a while! Amazing, also, how smooth your movement is. Much respect!

well well well

I have a couple of comments on this

-Is he cheating cuz I clearly saw him grab a key through a fence/wall

-he might have reached the end, but he´s clearly not THAT skilled cuz he didn't even kill half the monsters...I do that.

-11:42 is a nice time but still 30 seconds slower than my FDA of Scythe back in the days. Unfortunately I lost that demo due to a computer crash.......

you god damn freak
ep3 gave me a toned ass from how hard i clenched through that whole thing

For some reason I can't get into these modern trick setups where you watch the guy standing still just trying to catch some pixels or whatever for a few seconds. I think in an old demo the player would attempt the trick immediately and just hope for the best. Now people do it more reliably of course but somehow it's so uncool, like "sorry, we're having technical difficulties, please wait a bit". :p Sorry for offtopic\grumpy post, great demo anyway.

TendaMonsta said:

The hell is an IL?

An IL is an individual level run.

Regarding setups for tricks, old longer single-segment runs generally did not do nearly as many tricks as are done today, so they rarely had to set up anything. In IL runs, of course, things should be done with minimal setup time, which you'll see in most of my UV-Speed/Pacifist runs for Scythe.

Thanks for all the comments everyone!