Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zulk RS

Looking for a specific game (again).

I used to play one game I really liked when I was little. But I can't remember it's name. Can you guys help me out?

The things I remember about the game are:

-It was a scrolling shooter very similar to Starfox.
-The player controlled a fighter jet (no idea what model)
-It was probably white in color
-Judging by the graphics, It was a fifth generation game.
-It was either released for or ported to the PC
-It gave points based on health, damage dealt (Maybe) and Time.
-There was a timer for each boss fight. If it runs out, The boss leaves but it doesn't result in a game-over.
-The stages included clear day skies, a desert, The ocean with icebergs and a night mission (which was probably the final stage)
-The player had a limited amount of tries (and probably continues too).
-A stage selection screen was available either normally or through cheats. It could also have been a different game mode altogether.
-Some of the bosses were a mobile base type thing, A stealth bomber, a huge aircraft (first level) and a squarish thingy with helicopter blades on it's 4 corners (probably the final boss)

Doomworld helped me find out Deathtrap Dungeon. Maybe it can help find whatever this game was.

I think it might be the game titled Top Gun.

One of the bosses does appear to be a huge aircraft like you said which you had to fire at the engines to stop it:

Though I'm not 100% sure about this, but it seems to NOT be top gun.

Avoozl said:

I think it might be the game titled Top Gun.

You said Top Gun, but you posted screenshots from Top Gun: The Second Mission...

HavoX said:

You said Top Gun, but you posted screenshots from Top Gun: The Second Mission...

I was going by memory of the game I remembered and googled screenshots so I grabbed what looked like it. My memory was of the second game but I didn't remember it being a second game exactly at first, I edited my post quit a few times but missed that one detail.

Laser Invasion for NES aka unofficial third Top Gun game (except you use a heli)