Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnatone

GameStop Handing Out Limited Number of Beta Codes

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-to-get-doom-beta-code-without-having-preordere/1100-6435537/
Source 2:http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/03/10/doom-closed-beta-codes-free-gamestop/

So apparently on 1 April you can walk in and get a beta code for all three platforms: PC, PS4 and XBO. They're limited and on a first come first serve basis.

This is the second website I found this on; the date makes me highly suspicious but then again that could be coincidence. My wife went to ask, walked out with a Doom preorder for herself (so proud!) and forgot to ask. Heh.

If anyone can confirm this as well please post below. It would be nice for if more people here could get an early taste. I think I'll call them right now.

EDIT: Called my local GameStop; he says they're aware of it but corporate hasn't sent down the specifics on how it's going to work yet.

Enforcer said:

I wish I had one for XboxOne :(

I don't know what region you're in but one of us that's already in might be able to pick up a code for you. If this proves true I should be able to do it as I'll be off that entire weekend anyway. We're pretty good friends with our local GameStop guys.

And yeah, but that'd be a pretty shitty April Fools joke. The thing is, companies have a bad habit of opening up betas halfway through the test. Considering you spend several hours downloading the damn thing you don't get much time to try that way.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

I Smell april fools

A) it's the 14th of March.

B) The Beta starts before April.

C) What the fuck are you even thinking

There's not a single game stop over here , but it's pretty nice of them to handle out some codes for free.

Seriously though , the beta codes are really hard to find , i am pretty sure that my rig won't run it so i'm searching for a ps4 code , but it's basically nonexistent .

Well if you were dead set on playing the beta, and you have a spare, like, 10 euros or so, there are some search terms that you could try on popular search engines.

Like, I dunno. "Doom". Maybe "key". Perhaps "beta". Or something. Variations on a theme. The internet is a wondrous place.

Remember that anything you might purchase on the internet contains a certain amount of risk, though.

...Uh , I talked about it earlier ^^^ , you can't f find a code for PS4 anywhere, and i don't want to re-purchase a copy of Wolfenstein because of that.

AirRaid said:

A) it's the 14th of March.

B) The Beta starts before April.

C) What the fuck are you even thinking

Lmfao!

Anyway, I heard EB Games in Canada is giving them out.

I was going to ask someone, if their so kind enough to pick up a code for me, but as I understand they are region locked?

If not, somebody willing to spend a few hours get a key, for a Romanian dude? I'll be you a beer :)

xblade said:

I was going to ask someone, if their so kind enough to pick up a code for me, but as I understand they are region locked?

If not, somebody willing to spend a few hours get a key, for a Romanian dude? I'll be you a beer :)

I don't think that it will be this easy man .

I've literally surfed the whole web for a ps4 code at this point .

mordecai32 said:

I don't think that it will be this easy man .

I've literally surfed the whole web for a ps4 code at this point .

I was hoping that someone who already has a code and is near a GameStop can go there and pick me up one :)

xblade said:

I was hoping that someone who already has a code and is near a GameStop can go there and pick me up one :)

Hmm.. I've never had a Romanian beer. I'll see what I can do ;)

Only thing is I don't know if the codes are region locked or not. But I'll try to get there and snag you a code anyway.

What platform?

xblade said:

I'm Romanian too!

Woah.

Uh , yeah......

If anyone has an spare PS4 code , i would be really thankful , as there's literally not a single gamestop around us .

I can lend you....a British tea or something ?

wheresthebeef said:

The Beta itself isn't region locked, right?

Since the offer is US limited, i guess it is.
You could also try creating an US account.