Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jeffo2448

Memento Mori 2 Map 25 issue

Hi all. I'm stuck on map 25. Please see below from doom wikia. When I turn on linedef trigger model, it doesn't fix the problem. Do I have to turn it on and restart the map? I'm using GL boom plus. Thanks

Boom, PrBoom, PrBoom+, the Eternity Engine, and ports in the ZDoom family alter the behavior of Shortest Texture floor. This affects the linedef (1289, Type 30 - W1 Floor Raise by Shortest Lower Texture, Tag 26) tagged to sector 274 in this map, which relies on the original engines behaviour to function properly. Triggering the line with a port that has altered this behavior will cause sector 274 (a teleport) to rise to its upper side, preventing the player from entering it. Fortunately many of the above mentioned ports feature compatibility options to restore the original engine's behavior in this circumstance. Users of PrBoom and PrBoom+ must turn on "Use exactly Doom's linedef trigger model" and Eternity players need to toggle "Use Doom's linedef trigger model". Starting with version 2.3.0, ZDoom automatically detects the correct compatibility settings for this map, if using an earlier version of the port the option to set is "Find shortest textures like Doom."

Or, if you don't want to restart, you can keep typing the TNTCOMP cheat until it says "Doom 2 v1.9 compatibility". Then the trigger should work correctly.

What gaspe suggests should fix the error. Note also that toggling the 'use Doom's linedef trigger model' setting to "On" in the simulation controls for your port of choice cannot retroactively correct a malfunction that has already occurred--you need to start from a fresh slate with the setting enabled (that is, start the map from the beginning again, or load a save from before any of the involved sector machinery was actuated).