Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Microsoft Wants Xbox and PlayStation to Connect Online

They're all just computers at this point anyway, but this is a great thing. Hope other developers follow suit!

I've been wanting to see this happen since the release of the Ps3 and Xbox 360. Never actually thought it would ever work. And it still might not, but this is promising news nonetheless.

.... I don't want to be reminded of the dark side that is Xbox. I used to own an Xbox One.... I've owned an Xbox One three times already, and quite frankly I'm done with Microsoft because of the shit called Halo 5 and other terrible exclusives...

I'm going towards the greener pastures of Playstation.

This isn't a console war or an attack on Xbox.

It's just I grew up with a PS2 and a Gamecube...

And now I'll be finishing with a PS4 and a Wii U until the PS5 and NX come out...

Merging the two consoles would greatly boost the player count for online communities. That's something I really look forward too. Things could get a bit cliquey though. There's still enough of a console war going on that people might reject the idea or constantly be commenting about "those damn xbox players!!!" I've seen a lot of people get surprisingly worked up about this stuff. ^

BluePineapple72 said:

.... but play on different systems (if the plan actually happens)

Console players on FPS Games .... oh no .

RUSH said:

Merging the two consoles would greatly boost the player count for online communities. That's something I really look forward too. Things could get a bit cliquey though. There's still enough of a console war going on that people might reject the idea or constantly be commenting about "those damn xbox players!!!" I've seen a lot of people get surprisingly worked up about this stuff. ^

Well I'm not exactly worked up about it, I just feel a bit frustrated, because it's going to kinda remind me of my old life that I sorta meant to left behind for Playstation.... that's all. I'm no console warrior believe me.

I just prefer Playstation and Nintendo over Xbox, because inherently I believe Japanese companies generally have a more pleasing aesthetic and better hardware IMHO.

I really enjoy a lot of 360 titles, honestly. You can't even do split screen on the PC version of Left 4 Dead!

That said I think the Wii U will be my last console for some time. It only has like 5 games but they're all fantastic. I think my next system will be on Oculus, or whatever Nintendo pulls out next, if it looks interesting enough.

The latest consoles from both Sony and Microsoft are essentially not-so-great PCs, so it makes sense they'd bridge that gap for online play.

I was thinking of getting a cheap second hand 360 just for the Perfect Dark XBLA remaster, however I have read an article from as far back as 2013 that the 360 had another 3 years until Microsoft would supposedly drop live support from the system.

Hopefully if the rumors that Microsoft are bringing keyboard and mouse to Xbox are true, Xbox players will be able to play shooters with PC players! (Especially doom)

They make a fuss about cross-platform capability, but when it comes to the PC, it's purely Windows 10, Windows 10, Windows 10...

Yeah remember when Portal 2 came out? I was playing COOP on that on my PS3 with my buddy on Steam! ...then the other way round years down the line C:

There are a lot of games on the Xbox 360 and Xbox one with dead lobbies and no players maybe this will help. I don't have a PS4 or wifi u so I don't know about those. There is a pretty big discussion and poll about this going on a true achievements dot com currently.

Quasar said:

I hope they say no. Microsoft needs to perish.

Amen to that! Microsoft can go to hell! (And get repeatedly blasted in the face by an BFG by Doomguy.)

Quasar said:

Microsoft needs to perish.

WHOA! Isn't that a bit too harsh, bro?

I strongly doubt that the financial stability of Microsoft depends on whether or not PS4 versions of games can network with their XB1 counterparts.

HavoX said:

WHOA! Isn't that a bit too harsh, bro?

I'll let you know as soon as KB3035583 stops trying to unhide itself in Windows Update.

Quasar said:

I'll let you know as soon as KB3035583 stops trying to unhide itself in Windows Update.

Then you'll need this.

I've yet to be outwitted by them. ;)