Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HellVain

Hunter's Moon Mod...Should DooM 2016 be something like this?

Recommended Posts

You guys have heard of Hunter's moon right? Basically a rendition of quake 3 in the DOOM ENGINE through some mad wizardry by it's creator. Most of the monsters are from Doom 3 and some custom ones and holy shit do they move fast and I mean FAST, Hell you player character can't even keep up with a goddamn hell knight or a pinky and your character's speed is comparable that of Quake 3 and still that isn't enough, enemies scatter and hide in obstacles while others charge at you faster than you can pump your double barrel shotgun. insanely fast and insanely hard on some levels that it can be super frustrating because of the way they scatter. I know that speed isn't everything but still, Should doom really be something like this?



This thing is scarier than it looks. It's even faster than a fucking hell knight. I died for about a total of 8 times trying to fight two of these. And it was on easy mode.

Share this post


Link to post

No, it shouldn't.

Not gonna say that mod is bad or anything (I haven't tried it), but from your description it sounds like a deliberately hard "challenge mode" type thing for advanced players. People who have played through "normal" difficulty stuff and are looking for more. The base game should not be like that.

Share this post


Link to post
AirRaid said:

No, it shouldn't.

Not gonna say that mod is bad or anything (I haven't tried it), but from your description it sounds like a deliberately hard "challenge mode" type thing for advanced players. People who have played through "normal" difficulty stuff and are looking for more. The base game should not be like that.

I know right? This type of game play isn't for beginners and if the new Game was released like this, Im sure that only hardcore gamers and fans would play it and the beginners would just leave.

Share this post


Link to post

Hunter's Moon, yuck, while the levels in that mod are nicely designed it just sucks, throws you in an arena and you have to fight endless waves of enemies .

Also this mod literally looks and plays just like Quake 3, and we don't want the new Doom to be a Carbon Copy of any Quake .

I Appreciate the hard work put on this mod, but still ..

Share this post


Link to post

You can play it in any wad that doesn't change the monster or the weapons. What arena are you talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Pavera said:

That screenshot is really not selling me this mod.

I'm not advertising this mod. Im comparing it to the DooM that people who say DooM 2016 is too slow.

Share this post


Link to post
HellVain said:

I'm not advertising this mod. Im comparing it to the DooM that people who say DooM 2016 is too slow.

Looks nothing like Doom '16 to be honest, looks like Quake 3 .

Share this post


Link to post
HellVain said:

I know right? This type of game play isn't for beginners and if the new Game was released like this, Im sure that only hardcore gamers and fans would play it and the beginners would just leave.

probably wouldn't be the best to try to deliberately drive beginners away

Share this post


Link to post

Doom has multiple difficulty settings and that's fine

and doom should not be super fast - well the multiplayer could be a little bit faster but I don't need that in singleplayer

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×