Demos for miscellaneous Ribbiks maps

17 hours ago, Killer5 said:

Swim With The Whales Map03 UV Max in 25:13.

swtw03-2513.zip

Dunno what are the hardest parts of this map but the 4 cyber arena, bsk and final area seems :o

1 person likes this

i love when demos make me wince and dodge for the player - even though i know the demo was successful. that 4 cyber box arena was incredible :D

1 person likes this

wad abbreviations with numbers? stop stop stop!! >.<

epic demo!

Right. To be perfectly honest, there's little reason to use the 8char limit for wads targeting prboom's complevel 9. No one's gonna watch them on pure Boom executables and glitchless playback isn't guaranteed anyway.

sttwooheckseven07-824

hot damn that's some fantastic cheese, great demo! AV jump out of the YK fight, BK room fights out of order, that glide strat in the staircase room... I feel pretty good about it though because even with all those shenanigans it still looks tough to pull off :)

@0xf00ba12 So here are those Stardate20x7 demos! I was expecting those to be in separate thread. Anyway, there is a demo desync EVEN THRU I set complevel to 9 and I have same glboom version as you - so I cant play them :(. Happens nowhere else, just in those two. In map3 it looks logical from start, health goes like 100->96->90->80, and then Cyberdemon kills you. Then it continues playing, already desynced. Anybody has same problem? Can you send the cfg file?

Also, s7-824 name would be enough.

Edited by NinjaLiquidator

Posted (edited)

Make sure to grab the idgames version. The final version posted in the thread wasn't final. 

1 person likes this

@rdwpa Youre true. Before, I downloaded from idgames too, but there was done some update and the newest is from 27.5

3 hours ago, rdwpa said:

The final version posted in the thread wasn't final. 

👌

1 person likes this

another righteous max :). cool strat in the hk/cyb tunnel, too

Awesome map and a really nice run!
Would be cool if more people also streamed their attempts live but I can understand why not with the extra effort it takes and pressure it can put on the player.

why does sd20x7 not have a thread yet?! dew! :p

you are recording these demos to give you a chance to whip out these ASCI frogs arent you?

For Stardate 20x7 map05, is it possible to get max kills/secrets? I played that map and there's a teleporter to the room with 4 archviles and imps that teleport in seem unreachable without no clip...

17:06-17:10 is the problem.

I hope someone can uv max this legit... I'm just not sure if it's possible to get 100% kills/secrets without noclip and would appreciate it if someone can help me out ;)