Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
koren

Demos for miscellaneous Ribbiks maps

Okaaay... I just watched something impossible. Achievement^3. Also, -nomusic.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, rehelekretep said:

what is the 1 left over monster? hidden vile?

The "powerup" "marine" that you take at the beginning counts as a monster at level start. Picking him up fails to be registered by the M counter to be decremented, but if you save and load the game after picking him up, M will be recalculated from 1107 to 1106 to account for the guy being missing. Could be related to the friendly monster issue I've signalled a week ago.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Poncho1 said:

Do you have to do that Yellox Skull key area pacifist @Daerik?

Nope! The encounter with the viles and green cybers has to be done normally if you don't though, and while its slightly less rng than the baron/hell knight room, its also moved much later. I'd be throwing runs into it and dying 30 minutes in instead of 10 minutes in. There are a ton of ways to just immediately lose runs in the baron/hell knight room, and it's almost always out of your control.

The pacifist route has the added benefit of being absurd, and it's 3-4 minutes faster, so I elected to grind that route.

Frog and Toad map 32 uv speed in 0:35

FT32-035.zip

Wasn't sure if this counts as UV-speed or UV-max as there's 0 monsters and 0 secrets.

Edit: whoever moved this, thank you, I'm still very new to the forums. 

Edited by Lucky_Edie

Chiggity map02 UV-Max(?) in 3:03

ch02-303.zip

Two secrets were missed, but they seem to be impossible to trigger. If anyone knows better, let me know.

Side note:

Spoiler

The DSDA page for this wad links an incomplete version which lacks the second map. The full two-map version (linked above) is on Ribbiks' own website. Nevanos' demo works for both versions of the wad.

Looks like this has been fixed.

Edited by Pseudonaut

Frog_and_Toad map 04 UV-max in 5:09

ft04m509.zip

Very tough map with tight ammo. The red key fight is brutal, requiring almost perfect timing.

On 6/8/2019 at 2:16 PM, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I guess no one is doing level 4.

Edited by Lucky_Edie

Froad (:P) Map32 UV Speed in 0:27.66

(or Frog and Toad if you prefer)

ft32-027.zip

@Lucky_Edie is the man because I just copied pasted the second jump. Without his demo, this demo won't exist. That's it. I pressed the wrong switch the first time I got to the exit room, so I took extra time to make sure I got the correct one.

For whoever wants to actually play/record this map, read the text file for your own and your PC's safety.

Awesome dude, knew there was a lot of time to save in my demo because I counted out the exit switch twice rather than just run straight for it. 

GG

3 minutes ago, Lucky_Edie said:

Awesome dude, knew there was a lot of time to save in my demo because I counted out the exit switch twice rather than just run straight for it. 

GG

I think something like low 20 should be not hard. The first time I went to the last room, I also pressed the wrong switch, which haunts me so I also took extra time to count again... and this is the first ever time I finish everything the first try. That's never happened, but just as you said, recording a demo for this map is just a hassle.

Frog_and_Toad map 03 UV-Speed in 0:35

ft03-035.zip

Took 500~ attempts before realizing what the hell knight was actually doing. 2245 attempts in total. Time could be a couple seconds faster but grinding an RNG run is awful.