Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spamclark15

Finding The Latest Visual C++ That Works with 32-bit XP

Does anyone know where I can get ahold of a 32-bit version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 or 2013? I'm currently using 2010 on a 32-bit Windows XP install and all I can find is 2015 which is quite different and is not what I want because it has no compatibility with XP and eliminates the express versions.

Not the redistributable mind you, but the actual IDE.

The hell do you need this for, other than assembling the time machine you obviously traveled from the past in...

Seriously, it's 2016, why are you still using XP?

I'm pretty sure Bloodshedder is right, if you need something newer than MSVC2010 for Windows XP you're out of luck. Is it impossible to rebuild the project for 2010?

And I still use XP. Win 7 is too slow on my computer and Linux support for my old AMD video card is quite poor. If someone wants to buy me a new PC I'll use whatever operating system they want me to, but until then I'm going to make do with what I've got.

Upgrade OS, got it.

What I was trying to do was build https://github.com/RobertBeckebans/RBDOOM-3-BFG but when I try to do so I get an error:

rbd3bfg\neo\libs\ffmpeg-win32\include\libavutil\common.h(34): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'inttypes.h': No such file or directory

I thought either I need to try building with a different version of VC++ or I'm missing a dependency that the author has left out.

I see I failed to read the question correctly. Good to see the build error had a workaround.

I see newer editions of MS Office don't install on XP or Vista either. That makes happy. Trying to keep XP working for a couple stubborn people I know is just frustrating.