Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crunchynut44

Does anybody know what's happening with Scythe X?

The_Trigger said:

I retired from the community iirc. I remember seeing a post about it once. Quite sad but heh, it happens :/

I as in Erik? Haha. That is a shame, though I guess deep down I knew that's true from his absence.

Lol, stupid me. I of course meant "he". Edited the post. Dunno why I put "I", was probably spaced out for a moment xD

Well, after some research, he did post in a thread in august of 2015 so I guess he's not gone indefinitely. But, he comes here every now and then.

I remember his brother posted here maybe 2 years ago saying that Erik has a lot going on in real life and it is quite unlikely that he will come back.

But if John Romero made a new level then anything is possible I think.

Maybe he has 2-3 completed levels from the next episode. I remember seeing screenshots at least.

If you ask me, I think we have to accept the fact that it's up to us to fill the legacy of Scythe X.

I don't mind at all, though, since his map flow design was truly inspiring, and even though some new geniuses (khm AD_79 khm) are sometimes similar in mapping style to other geniuses (khm Skillsaw khm), I think his influence was huge enough to expect similar maps in the future.

Let's accept that Scythe X is done as it is now - and hope Devilution won't end up like this aswell.