Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crunchynut44

Agony: 3 maps I made for Doom 4 years ago

So I was going through my own archives only to find this project of mine that I started 4 years ago. The levels aren't actually too bad so I thought I may as well put them up.

Feel free to give them a roasting, I have no emotional attachment to these what so ever so don't hold back. Don't even bother with a bug report though, I wont be fixing it.

Tested with complevel9 and zdoom (technically complevel2 should work but I havent tested it so play at your own risk). The maps take up E3M1/M2/M3.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Have fun!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gc78qrht9gqul8k/Agony.wad?dl=0

The first map really reminds me of 2002 A Doom Odyssey. Some very familiar design elements like that elaborate ceiling in the key room.

Crunchynut44 said:

I have no emotional attachment to these what so ever so don't hold back. Don't even bother with a bug report though, I wont be fixing it.

Well, I don't have any reason to despise these maps. They are pretty cool! Some beautiful hell environments, very colorful and well detailed. The gameplay is very good too (having in mind the resource limitations of Doom 1) and I liked how the player make progress through some backtracking.

My favorite area is the Baron of Hell maze on E3M2. Really neat and inventive. I liked how you created some challenge using disorientation techniques: Darkness, a tight layout and the Baron colors on the textures.

It's a shame that you abandoned such a project. But as I said before, Im looking forward for your Doom 2 megawad.

Greetings,

Sorry to necropost. but I played about half of Baculus so far and took a break and played map 1 of your Cereal Killer. Not going to lie, you are my new favorite mapper. Anywho..I looked you up to see what other stuff you put out. Any chance you still have this file? Keep up the great work! Love playing your maps!
Peace!