Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Beed28

Is there a source port/mod for the original Quake that lets you...

...destroy the monster corpses after killing them? Simply put, I hate leaving monster corpses lying around, and it would also make it less tedious to permanently kill those self-reviving zombies.

Quake II and Hexen II lets you destroy monster corpses, so I do it all the time on those games, and the latter runs on the same engine as the original Quake, so I don't see why this shouldn't be possible.

I was JUST thinking about that.
You see, I always had this little "problem" with the first Quake, playing a map, killing some monsters and trying to shoot the corpses to watch some delicious gibs fly across the corridor was something I always wanted to happen. I remember the first time I tried to do that, already played Quake 2 before the first one just because Quake 1 scared the shit out of me, so there I was, looking some big meaty juicy Shambler and Fiend's corpses, left clicked the mouse, rocket shot and... nothing. I'm still dissapointed.

Beed28 said:

and it would also make it less tedious to permanently kill those self-reviving zombies.

You're supposed to use explosive weapons such as the grenade launcher and rocket launcher to kill those permanently, you don't need a mod for that.

No, but it's pretty fun to do so. I even found a mod that lets you then eat the gibs to regain health, which I honestly found pretty hilarious. It's so absurd, and yet it's like the natural progression of the Wolfenstein blood pools.