Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plasma Gun

Want to Buy: Doom 3.5-inch, SEALED.

If you have a sealed mail-order Doom that you are willing to part with, please let me know here or via private message with a price that you have in mind for the product. Please include pictures, as I would like one that is in as good condition as possible.

Thanks.

While I don't have any Doom floppies to give away, I do have a question that might be relevant to this thread.

Does it matter what version of Doom you receive? Would you prefer older versions, newer versions, one specific version?

I'm guessing the reason you want floppies is for collection purposes. If you simply want the IWADS though, the best sources (IMO) are Doom Classic Complete at gog.com (for UltDoom, Doom 2, Master Levels, and Final Doom, all without DRM) and Doom 3 BFG on steam (Alternate UltDoom, Alternate Doom 2, and No Rest for the Living). Buy both to get the most official content :P

Dude, he wants a "sealed mail-order" box of Doom, he doesn't want the fucking iwads or a digital release :D

Danfun64 said:

While I don't have any Doom floppies to give away, I do have a question that might be relevant to this thread.

Does it matter what version of Doom you receive? Would you prefer older versions, newer versions, one specific version?

I'm guessing the reason you want floppies is for collection purposes. If you simply want the IWADS though, the best sources (IMO) are Doom Classic Complete at gog.com (for UltDoom, Doom 2, Master Levels, and Final Doom, all without DRM) and Doom 3 BFG on steam (Alternate UltDoom, Alternate Doom 2, and No Rest for the Living). Buy both to get the most official content :P

This is for collection purposes, not to get ahold of the file for use. Already have those :-)

Also, to be clear, the older, the better. If you have a sealed v1.0/v1.1, that would be worth more to me than, say, v1.666.

But if you've got one that's legit and sealed, I am willing to pay quite nicely.

Get ready to pay half a fortune. Shit ain't cheap.

Don't think I've seen a "sealed" mail order. Were they even sealed before shipping?

v1.1 was the earliest registered version release I believe - don't hold off because you want a v1.0 release.

MFG38 said:

Get ready to pay half a fortune. Shit ain't cheap.

I'd imagine not, these things are about as rare as unicorns. I don't think I've ever seen a sealed on on eBay, for instance.

Plasma Gun said:

I'd imagine not, these things are about as rare as unicorns. I don't think I've ever seen a sealed on on eBay, for instance.

there was a sealed mail order for at least 5 month now on ebay

Beware of re-wrapped games, they're probably far more common than factory sealed copies. I've yet to acquire a sealed copy since (quite naturally) the previous owners tended to want to play the game.

fraggle said:

Don't think I've seen a "sealed" mail order. Were they even sealed before shipping?

Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I recall seeing some in a photo John Romero posted some time back of part of his collection/stash that was sitting in a cardboard box. Wouldn't be surprised if Dusty has a couple as well.