Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
@DarkMasterXbone

Doom 2 Wad UAC Water Facility

DMGUYDZ64 said:

and the level overall doesn't look like a water facility .

If it has any water in it at all, that would have been good enough for id.

I recommend looking at creating a mix of open and confined spaces (and making the confined areas less cramped than one player width), playing other maps for inspiration with regards texture usage (this map looks quite bland) and which textures work well together (there are a lot of clashing textures that don't look right imo).

Gameplay was quite good but again very cramped. Definitely some interesting ideas and monster usage was much better than might be expected.

OK and inoffensive map, though many issues typical to amateurish mapping are present here, such as "shooting gallery" style of gameplay, cramped areas (especially narrow corridors), linear progression, minimum height variation that would affect combat (or make you feel the level as being 3D), some fights being trivially skippable, and generic-ness (understandably). The first switch is cut in half, noticeable when you press it. I also don't like secrets behind random walls without being anyhow hinted to. Texturing is chaotic at times while vaguely techbase-styled everywhere, which I'm OK with.

It's very cramped throughout the map, It feels like a starter level but is much longer then one, so we are stuck with pistol and shot gun only for a little to long imo. I feel maps that only have shotty and pistol should be quite small. your grey rooms need more contrast, the whole room being grey isn't pleasent, look at the 1st hell knight fight you had in there, in that room there is good contrast. it was fun and fair so thats good, keep up the good work.