Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cacowad

[SOLVED]Dealing with vanilla\limit removing weird homs

That's the problem: i am making a map for heretic in limit-removing and all that sort of stuff, and i am using the trick to render the sky were a wall is supposed to be. Obviously in zdoom i got no problems at all, so i went to good old heretic+ and found this:

The hom is present only if looked from a certain distance, this never happened to me before, so i am a little confused on what could have caused that. I can post the map if it can help solving the question.

Heretic+ is not limit-removing, merely limit-raising. Maybe your map is exceeding even those increased DRAWSEG limits in certain points of view?

According to Heretic+'s readme.txt, the DRAWSEG limit was raised to 2048, which is quite high and I have doubts if you really made a map with so many linedefs in view (those ones consisting of multiple segs counted multiple times), but if you did, there you go.

Unfortunatly it wasn't then, that view count at maximum 335 lines.

EDIT: turn out i was using heretic.exe instead of hereticp.exe, problem solved. Thank you scifista42 for putting me on the right track.

Just in case, check your map in Visplane Explorer in DRAWSEGS mode and note the number of DRAWSEGS in both particular places from which you took your screenshots. If the first one has more than 256 DRAWSEGS and the second one less than 256 DRAWSEGS, I would suspect that you aren't really using Heretic+, but the original Heretic executable, or possibly Heretic+ modified by HHE.exe which might have reverted its raised limits.

Yeah, i was, for some reason i forgot that i had the two exes in the same folder. Thank you again for your help.