Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aidanmcg666

Making a team that makes wads

Hello my name is aidan and i want to make a wad with a group. I don't have much experience with makeing wads so i need help with mapping and some scripting. i am a busy person so i might not be able to work on the project 24/7. Im looking for scripters and mappers. Thank you in advance.

If you would like to contact me my steam is: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052918416/

Aidanmcg666, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Technician said:

I'd join but I need to get my PC rig up and running again to map. I have so many half finished maps.

Thats ok man. if you ever finish all those maps and rig up your pc feel free to help.

Aidanmcg666 said:

You see i want to make one from start and i dont have anything done not even a name XD

Just as employers tend to frown upon a blank resume, rarely do people want to get together with an inexperienced author/leader to start a project. Best start looking at tutorials and making maps, and go from there.

Thanks for the tip.

joe-ilya said:

Get the experience you need, get an idea, then start making community project.

Thanks ill be sure to check out some tutorials.

I do have some experiences with doom mapping and crap like that im just not that good at it
XD

I do have some experiences with doom mapping and crap like that im just not that good at it
XD

Bloodshedder said:

Don't make multiple posts in a row. Use the Edit button.

sorry im a noob.

With what was already said, the best experience is to understand how to make maps first before trying to establish some form of community project. People tend to need a reason to collaborate. You need to bring something to the table first.

Experiment more with editing tools and showcase your results when you're confident enough with your work. If people like what they see, they'll work with you.

For the record, community projects and mapping teams are two different things. Community projects have a lot of people that come and go but teams are usually picked and there's a level of loyalty and mutual values when working together. BTSX is not a community project for example. They're a team.

Oh yes, i apologise. As i was writing i was telling myself he wanted to form a community project for whatever reason.

Either way, before a collaboration of any sort, it's always best to have at least some basic knowledge of mapping and/or scripting. But it entirely depends on what you wish to excel yourself in most.

I already have a team of my own... me.

No, don't ask me to join your team. I prefer doing my stuff ALONE.

HavoX said:

I already have a team of my own... me.

No, don't ask me to join your team. I prefer doing my stuff ALONE.

Well ok. i never asked you to join so like what the hell XD.

Would totally join you... but I'm a noob that doesn't really know how to map or script. The most I've modded are sound replacements, music replacements, sprite replacements, and coding in more death animations via a personal mod I made for Smooth Doom as fun called Gritty Doom (kinda sorta a for fun project I made two years ago.)

I'll have you also know I just finished a monster pack of sorts, but I do plan on adding in even more monsters as soon as I can.

Anyway, I really wish you luck on your project. I just hope it's something really cool, and something that would make Romero proud. =)

No idea?
I would love to see the recreation of Halo Combat Evolved.
First the Pillar of Autumn map, then that map with the weird bridge, then the Silent Cartographer map, and so on.

Can you aquire a team to do that? A map pack?

Build up some small maps by yourself, show them off in WADs & Mods for feedback/testing. If you have zero reputation, who would rant to join someone who just gives ideas and nothing else?