Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EdwunclerIII

Anyone remember EBDOOM?

This has been on my mind since EBDOOM (Earthbound Doom) for the EDGE source port is pretty hard to find on the internet after almost 10 years. This is just a thread for people to share (possible?) experiences with this strange but cool mod. So, anyone remember? (If you don't know what EBDOOM is, just look it up on youtube, you will find a walkthrough)

E0M2 greatest freaking concept I've seen so far in a doom mod. Someone should get this going on one of newer ports. 3dge seems plausible because its closer to edge. Doomsday doesn't seem to know what a ddf file is. Gzdoom is another worth exploring but it might require a total rework as well. But one thing I remember is shinra soldiers from ff7, did that ever make it into the latest release or am I just hallucinating again?

Oh boy, I remember seeing the monster list and getting super-excited at the concept of a mod which crosses over all the monsters from a bunch of disparate games, and ties the entire mess together into a storyline. I was a kid back then, and my mentality was simple: a game with 110 or so enemy types was totally so much more awesome than a game with 18.

Yeah it definitely had that apeal to it back then. But the foundation it laid is still there. In that opening training could you imagine making a huge map and being able to summon those monsters to fight on your side. Against a player making his own army? Drop spawning dualrocket cyberdemons to back you up on the front lines.

JudgeDeadd said:

Oh boy, I remember seeing the monster list and getting super-excited at the concept of a mod which crosses over all the monsters from a bunch of disparate games, and ties the entire mess together into a storyline. I was a kid back then, and my mentality was simple: a game with 110 or so enemy types was totally so much more awesome than a game with 18.

Ha ha, I had the exact same experience myself. Never actually played this, when I went looking I could never find it for download. Someone put these links on the Doom wiki if they haven't already.

It works with Brutal Doom under Zandronum. You can play the levels. But the nonstandard doom monsters don't show up(probably fixable). But the Ghost baron is summonable using
Summon Belphegor
In the console. So is the iron lich.

Worked just now for me but I wouldn't doubt it if it disappears soon... Some don't like the school doom levels in there. But there is another link somewhere where I got it from. Had to scan Google for awhile but its there.

MZLXS said:

stuff

There's no way anything in DDF works in a ZDoom-based port, including Zandronum. Belphegor is a Skulltag monster that's probably redefined by Brutal Doom's Zandronum version, and the Iron Lich is summonable in all games in ZDoom-based ports; you just need to provide the sprites, which EBDoom does.

Yup kinda noob to all this new stuff I'm used to dos doom. In regards to ddf it was the whole doom definition file opposed to doomsday definition files that confused me. But as for the belphegor its a centaur like hell knight in brutal doom but somehow it comes up as the ghost baron when combined with eb.

I have some midis from one of the .WAD files in EBDooM. I only managed to find one songname: Subdivisions by Rush. Other than that there is music from duke3d, hexen, etc. If anyone can shed some more light on this, please let me know.