Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EdwunclerIII

Favorite Soda?

deadwolves said:

Gave up fizzy drinks ages ago. Bought a can of coke for lunch the first time in ages.. made me feel sick! Stuff is not natural for your body.

Alcohol on the other hand..

Meh.... I like fizzy drinks. Alcohol, I've never had. I'm 16, but as soon as I become the legal age... I'm very curious in trying sake and having sake with homemade Japanese meals. =D

All other alcohol? Meh, don't care for the rest. But sake does intrigue me. =3

deadwolves said:

Bought a can of coke for lunch the first time in ages.. made me feel sick!

Your body may not have been used to the taste, since it was so long since you had it...

HavoX said:

Your body may not have been used to the taste, since it was so long since you had it...

That could be true, but every time I drink a coke or Dr. pepper, my stomach feels strange. Root beer doesn't do that for me unless I drink a lot.

Does NeuroSonic count? I've probably had too much of those, and I'm thinking of quitting them (again). They've done good for me, but I'm sure I'll get cancer if I keep drinking them. That and I think I'm more sensitive to caffeine than the average person, because I also get a little tense and anxious when I drink them. I don't really drink coffee, and save for having a few Lemmies (rum and coke) a couple of times I haven't drank soda since I left home in 2010. NeuroSonic is pretty much the only thing left keeping me from being straight edge these days.

I'll always think back fondly though to the days when I would start off several beautiful Spring/Summer mornings with breakfast and two NeuroSonics down at once. Then I would, while on a caffeine high, do a bunch of running or wig out to some technical death metal. Damn that was great.

Question to the American posters, is Cherry coke more common in the states? Its very rare in Canada to even find cherry soda, let alone cherry coke.

Doominator2 said:

Question to the American posters, is Cherry coke more common in the states? Its very rare in Canada to even find cherry soda, let alone cherry coke.

Nope. Same as in Canada bro. Only thing we probably have is Cherry Pepsi.... but even then you know... kinda scarce.

=P

WilliamPlaysDooM said:

That could be true, but every time I drink a coke or Dr. pepper, my stomach feels strange. Root beer doesn't do that for me unless I drink a lot.

did it have corn in it instead of real sugar? i've had some imported soda before with corn syrup in it, and it made my stomach feel queasy from drinking it.

I never liked the taste of Diet Coke but does the Vanilla Diet Coke taste decent?

Although I don't drink soda often, when I do, it's either Coke, Root Beer or Dr Pepper.

Doominator2 said:

Only place I've seen it recently is in one of these:

Love these machines...

Avoozl said:

I never liked the taste of Diet Coke but does the Vanilla Diet Coke taste decent?

If don't like Diet Coke, then you won't like Vanilla Diet Coke, plain and simple.

Cherry Coke is everywhere. Maddening.

Cyanosis said:

Take the sugar away and revel in how bland and nasty it tastes.

What's funny is with so much less sweetener in zero-calorie cola compared to diet I much prefer the taste.

Doominator2 said:

It sorta is here in Colorado. You can find it at practically every gas station or grocery store in bottles. A few fast food places have it, and quite a few restaurants either have it or can make it with cherry flavoring. Also, Taco Bell seems to have Cherry Pepsi all the time.

Doominator2 said:

It really depends on the area; I don't see Cherry Coke just on the shelves anymore, but I keep finding it in soda fountains at fast food restaurants.

one of the malls over here has Cherry Coke, bizarrely enough though, they have imported cans (with corn in it) and locally produced (with real sugar in it.) the imported ones are a bit more expensive and slightly bigger, but not enough to make a difference.

i also do like ginger ale, forgot to mention. it seems hard to find any good brands over here though. Schweppes is just weak water IMO, and there's alcoholic at the liquor store, but nuts to that. the best i've had so far seems to be Grace Ginger Ale, which feels rather loaded with sugar.

MarioBros980 said:

Pepsi Max
i'm sorry

Eh, I always buy that since it's a cheaper sugarless alternative to even my favorite soda.

Mountan Dew but I can't drink alot of it being caffeine sensitive. Diet Mtn Dew is gross.

MrGlide said:

Mountan Dew but I can't drink alot of it being caffeine sensitive. Diet Mtn Dew is gross.

Mountain Dew is amazing. Funny thing, though. Growing up, my mom pointed out that all the engineers (she worked in a engineering department) drank Mountain Dew. When I went to college, the ONLY pop that sold out every day in the compsci vending machine was Mountain Dew. It's like the original drink of geeks.

MrGlide said:

I like Mountain Dew as well. One of the problems I have with it though is that I don't know what the hell the flavour is supposed to be.

Jarritos is the only brand of soda I can stomach. Everything else I just give up a quarter of the way through and leave to rinse the sugar out of my mouth.

I have a very bitter palette.

Doomhuntress said:

did it have corn in it instead of real sugar? i've had some imported soda before with corn syrup in it, and it made my stomach feel queasy from drinking it.

I doubt it has corn syrup in it, but i will have to check the bottle next time i buy some.

Jaxxoon R said:

Jarritos is the only brand of soda I can stomach. Everything else I just give up a quarter of the way through and leave to rinse the sugar out of my mouth.

I have a very bitter palette.

Too much of a man for sugar. Not sure if I should envy or pity you.