Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Doom Connector ?

Isn't it dead? Or has it been revived yet again? It was certainly dead back in October when I was trying to play a co-op game with my wife. Couldn't get the blasted thing to connect at all. I have fond memories of it from yonks ago though, lol, the last time I used this thing was in 2003.

It isn't dead, as you can see above in the screenshot, i'm in without any troubles , someone is remaking or something .

Wow, it really is back, and it's a proper version no less!

I honestly can't help but wonder why the people responsible haven't made a thread here. Would be nice to see Zdaemon, Odamex and custom engine support.

Seems to be based on DC3, I wonder how much work has gone into updating it.. nostalgic but I don't know if it will ever garner a meaningful userbase again or not. Zorcher called it quits when it went un-used for the most part.

UI still kind of sucks when rooms and servers aren't separate tabs.

I Still prefer IDE for now, it supports more engines, refresh servers list faster, and allows me to connect to every IRC Channel with ease .

More engine support, extended IRC support and server/rooms being different tabs = how to make thing thing really shine!

As much as I enjoyed using STO\PC\DC it's a lost cause without considerable promotion and interest from the community.

Agreed - If this isn't whored around to every Doom forum with a clear list of goals (stuff like more port support) that's going to be self sabotage. I'm pretty shocked I had to hear about it by chance through the grapevine rather than a clear thread by the creators. DC admins, we'd love you to speak up!

Borrowing some graphics from IDE, I've made a suggestions thread at the DC forums with some mock-up screenshots of ideas that I think could greatly benefit the success of Doom Connector. I think this is essentially the right way to go about it.

what kind of website is this that demands that I allow cookies (in the browser) to view it?

XCOPY said:

what kind of website is this that demands that I allow cookies (in the browser) to view it?

guess what... you're using cookies on this website right now!

Bloodshedder said:

GASP!!!

Doom Connector keeps wanting to uninstall Microsoft Viso each time I start the application, could this please be fixed?

Bloodshedder said:

Because I allowed the browser to. This site does not redirect you to a Google page asking you to enable cookies either.

It is not because I allow cookies in this site that I should do the same, for viewing purposes alone, this is ridiculous.