Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wovenloaf

Worst, most near-objectively bad songs you know?

nxGangrel said:

I think all of Doom 2's soundtrack is terrible, with some exceptions.

Maps 6, 7, 10, 18 and 26 have really good music in my opinion. But I agree, the rest is basically shit. Five good songs don't make up for the rest. At least those songs are used multiple times throughout. Doom 1 had far better music.

This is probably my favorite Doom II song. It's mysterious, moody and atmospheric. Perfect for map 27, one of the creepiest maps in the series:

nxGangrel said:

^I think all of Doom 2's soundtrack is terrible, with some exceptions.

However, there is nothing to prove that the music was intentionally bad or done haphazardly.

Clonehunter said:

However, there is nothing to prove that the music was intentionally bad or done haphazardly.

Yeah, that's true. I just wish it was done a little better.

BluePineapple72 said:

Rappin' for Jesus

I love this. I remember the first time I saw it. It's just fraggin' hilarious. (Of course musically it's garbage, but it's a joke so of course I wouldn't take it seriously)

You guys don't like map04, map20, map23 or map25's music in Doom 2? This is probably the wrong thread for this chat, but map20 is easily my favourite Doom 2 track.

Doomkid said:

You guys don't like map04, map20, map23 or map25's music in Doom 2? This is probably the wrong thread for this chat, but map20 is easily my favourite Doom 2 track.

The Music for Map 20 and 25 were good. Map 23's I thought was stupid despite the actual song being good. But I still enjoyed it. Map 04's is... meh.

I like pretty much the whole soundtrack for Doom I and II, I just tend to only listen to it in small doses because of the repetitive 12-bar-blues. If only Bobby Prince had composed a bit more adventurously like, say, Kevin Schilder did for Hexen/Heretic. Oh well.

By the way, here's one of the first results you get when you search for "worst song ever" in YouTube. Whoever made this is probably tonedeaf, not to mention bafflingly self-unaware.

After listening Merzbow since 2011 years I've destroyed my music taste. After listening a lot breakcore, speedcore, lolicore and shitcore music I found 'Freaxxx' very attractive.
Everything is bad with me? Damn... 'Let's get freakin now... let.. khhm.'
In general i found a few tracks (5-7) which quite disturbing me.

BluePineapple72 said:

Rapin' For Jesus

Ahahahahahaha!
It's so bad it's hilarious!

Wovenloaf said:

Worst song ever.

Tommy Wiseau would've sung better.

Azuruish said:

speedcore, lolicore and shitcore

How about nightcore vaporwave? Set vid to 0.5x speed for vaporwave nightcore vaporwave.

Now this next video isn't exactly the hardest song to listen to. It actually makes decent ambient music for studying, but it is pretty unusual. It's just a nebulous series of tones and chords played over and over again for a total of 840 cycles.

Anything by David Allen Coe can be pretty terrible (lyrically not necessarily musically) like he has some extremely racist and disrespectful shit out there like for example:

Warning: this next song is extremely racist, use headphones, please, http://youtu.be/0rwnIqRl4gc

So, after a bit of searching on YouTube I've discovered this.

It's not just bad, it's fucking bad.

BluePineapple72 said:

Anything by David Allen Coe can be pretty terrible (lyrically not necessarily musically) like he has some extremely racist and disrespectful shit out there

Thanks for that rec m8. I was looking for some good country in vein of Johnny Rebel.

RUSH said:

Maps 6, 7, 10, 18 and 26 have really good music in my opinion. But I agree, the rest is basically shit. Five good songs don't make up for the rest. At least those songs are used multiple times throughout. Doom 1 had far better music.

This is probably my favorite Doom II song. It's mysterious, moody and atmospheric. Perfect for map 27, one of the creepiest maps in the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzRBZd5_uA

Probably because it's a Pantera rip off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fKlgxSKNdU

Azuruish said:

After listening Merzbow since 2011 years I've destroyed my music taste. After listening a lot breakcore, speedcore, lolicore and shitcore music I found 'Freaxxx' very attractive.

Lol, same here. I eventually learned to genuinely enjoy shit like this. So now I can't find that many bad songs. Usually I stop listening when stuff is just boring, not because it's bad.

kuchitsu said:

eventually learned to genuinely enjoy shit like this.

I like this, but I also think it's not exactly a song, it's just a series of samples/sounds one after the other.. cool for 45 seconds or a few minutes even, not sure how many songs like this I'd like to listen to consecutively though.

I think the lack of coherent rhythm is what makes a pure merzbow-ish noise a total bore for me. Add a tint of rhythm and you get a dancefloor smasher... well, a ridiculously obscure one, but it could get the job done in theory, I guess.

j4rio: what is it? Rhythmic noise? With such genre I love band Synapscape. These guys are the best in Rhythmic noise.
Also Merzbow doesn't make only 'noise wall' music. For example tracks like 'Brown Pelican', 'Door', 'Super Sheep', 'Takemitsu' 'Deep Sea', 'Inside Looking Out Pt.1', 'War Frog' has some interesting rhythm.