what religion do you believe?

which religion are you into.  

74 members have voted

1. 1. which religion are you into.

• christian
    • buddha
    • Islam
    • none of those.

That's not so much edge as in saying "what goes up must come down." Typically, the threads that become shitfests are all the ones that feature topics you wouldn't bring to the dinner table (religion, sex, and politics).

I was baptized. I even remember going to some class where you learned about christian religion. It was when i was like 8. Also celebrate christmas in christian spirit but i still cant call yourself the right christian. Bcz i really dont care. heh

edit: Also remember going to midnight mass at christmass, it was fun, bcz we always get high bfr we opened the church. heh

None. I believe in no gods but the three that are me, myself and I.

I'm atheist and raised by atheist parents (and sister). They didn't even baptize me or have a party/reception about it. Still I have enough brains to understand why people feel comfortable having a religion, and also know some super-intelligent people who are also religious. In a way they're having it better than me: whereas I act like a simple animal, they have an imaginary ideal to fight for.

These threads never end well .

You know, it would be nice if people stopped posting this meta shit, or spamming stupid image macros (it has happened elsewhere), and instead let the thread run its own course.

printz said:

You know, it would be nice if people stopped posting this meta shit, or spamming stupid image macros (it has happened elsewhere), and instead let the thread run its own course.

Sorry, had to point it out :v to warn them of what may happen .

Deism. "The belief that God has created the universe but remains apart from it and permits his creation to administer itself through natural laws. Deism thus rejects the supernatural aspects of religion, such as belief in revelation in the Bible, and stresses the importance of ethical conduct."

None of them, though I'm currently leaning towards pastafarianism.

Why are there so few poll options?

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare

Just kidding. I'm not into religions.

I'm not religious and was raised in an atheist/agnostic household, but I've at least a budding interest in esotericism, the underlying principles uniting many if not all religions, and even spiritualism. Besides, my parents didn't tell me that I had to necessarily think like them, but that I should examine everything out there and come to my own conclusion about what is correct.

Basically, I'm at least interested in trying to understand the deeper concepts behind these belief systems, and not just engaging with the exoteric, heavily literalized, dogmatic, reactionary, and tribalistic shit-show religion seems to be now.

I went to an Episcopal church growing up, stopped attending mass somewhere in early high school when they changed the pastor and found her not nearly as engaging or educational about life and connections with God. Beyond that my parents encouraged me to find my own personal connection with God. Safe to say I believe God exists and am Christian, and I have prayed on more than one occasion (though last time I can recall was back in 2008-2009).

fraggle said:

Ignostic / igtheist because atheist is too mainstream.

...concludes that the entire question about God's existence is a non-question and that taking a yes, no or even ambivalent position is absurd

Wait, so this is a position that literally purports itself as....not taking a position at all on the existence of God?

EDIT: Nevermind, found this tidbit -

...ignosticism posits that "you haven't even agreed on what you're discussing" (see Concepts of God)

So ignostic / igtheist is essentially a logical position that doesn't address the question at all, namely because the question can't be answered due to the lack of one particular definition or refinement of what "God" actually is.

That is both fascinating and mind boggling at the same time.

I voted none of the above. I would say that I was Catholic a long time ago, I don't believe in such concepts anymore. I consider myself an atheist nowadays.

Take a guess.

My mother's mother was a Jehovah's Witness, her childhood was very strict growing up. So much so that her father had to hide her birthday and Christmas presents in the barn. He'd wake her up late at night and sneak them out there to open them, then sneak back inside.

She ran away from home at 17 with my father who is agnostic and they both raised me and my sister to believe what we want. We never went to church, and while my mom still believes there is a god, she doesn't really follow any specific religion. As far as I know my father was never a person to follow religion.