Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tobester

I almost died again

so sunday night last week, like every other human being i was watching Angel on the WB wearing only pants and eating saurkraut. at about 10 to midnight, i had an epileptic seizure. the next thing i know, im in an ambulance on my way to the hospital. while there, they do a cat scan on my head and find i have a tumor roughly the size of a fist behind my nose. it's whats causing my chronic sinusitis, and a lump of it roughly the size of two knuckles is hanging down my throat. they admit me and i spend the next two days eating hospital food, getting holes in my arm and watching basic cable while they run a shitload of tests on me. tuesday afternoon im set free. on friday i had an appointment with my ent doc, doctor Hellferich. he tells me that i need to go to cincy for the uni there to check it out and almost certainly cut it out. i say okay but i spend a lil too much time at the china buffet so we decide on a rain check. the doctor, realizing the tumor is more serious than that, sends cops to my house to tell me that they made another appointment, and if i dont go ill prolly die.

so monday im going to cincy.

wish me luck.

OMG man, you really earn your title, the best of luck and may the tide change for you soon.

Well...at least we know now that his recent absence has not been all cheese and crackers.

Hey, good luck to you. Fyre managed to survive which was nothing short of a miracle, I hope you can do it to.

We're generally lucky, this lil community here, I hope this stays the case :) best wishes

Seizures, huh? Man, I'm glad I haven't had one of those in like, what, almost a year?

Yeah, that sucks man. Good luck.

DC

Toby? Remember me?
My Crazy World BBS in Dayton, Ohio?
Didn't think so. But I got bored and played your Oremor WAD.

toby, bon chance, you're in my head, and please, if you get through all this tumor shit, don't do any more of that stupid shit like bleeding through your nose over the sink for hours. I was pondering doing some of that stuff but this news has made me think twice. how a tumor the size of a fist could grow behind your nose, I don't know.

Good luck man, get well and come back soon! Don't worry, they'll fix ya up and have ya back here in no time.

how a tumor the size of a fist could grow behind your nose, I don't know.

The sinus cavity is actaully fairly large. Take a Q-Tip and holding it flat horizontally, push it into your nose. It feels weird but I can fit almost the entire thing in my sinus. :p

Aww Tobe.
Tumors are no good and in that position that must be some bad luck...wish you all the luck in world.

Rellik said:

The sinus cavity is actaully fairly large. Take a Q-Tip and holding it flat horizontally, push it into your nose. It feels weird but I can fit almost the entire thing in my sinus. :p

Uh, no?

Best of luck to you Tobe, you better be back here soon telling us about your dreams of Alissa Milano and saving the world =)

Rellik said:

Good luck man, get well and come back soon! Don't worry, they'll fix ya up and have ya back here in no time.

Surely you mean vertically?

Take care Tobester

Scragadelic said:

toby, bon chance, you're in my head, and please, if you get through all this tumor shit, don't do any more of that stupid shit like bleeding through your nose over the sink for hours. I was pondering doing some of that stuff but this news has made me think twice. how a tumor the size of a fist could grow behind your nose, I don't know.

Uhhm, he wasn't doing that *intentionally*, and apparently the bleeding was being caused by the tumour. It wouldn't clot, which is why it would bleed for hours, and his doctor has told him if it happens again they won't be able to stop it.

Holy shit tobe, that's really bad. I hope everything goes OK, I'll be crossing my fingers for you.

Aw man that sucks. I have a heart condition and I might be dead soon also. I'll see you in heaven and we can play doom together on an ultra fast LAN! That would rule. See you there man!

Archvile64 said:

Best of luck to you Tobe, you better be back here soon telling us about your dreams of Alissa Milano and saving the world =)

Don't you mean Neve Campbell?

I know you don't really remember who I am, Tobe, (I went as Jacobi in #Unidoom a long time ago, I remember you drooling over Neve Campbell. :P)

Keep your spirits up and the best of luck to you.