Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joe-ilya

Joe's give and take birthday maps.

I hope this doesn't come off as a demand as last year, but uh, how do I say it nicely?

If you make me new fresh maps untill 1st of april, I'll tune them up (or down, however you think I'll do) and publish a before and after compilation into IDgames.

How's that coming up for you?

I'm sorry, but I can't get over the fact that you'd rather tune maps down instead of just leaving them as is.

I have a fresh map, but I suck with monster and item placement for it (it's a large map), so the map's about unpopulated, but it IS playable from start to finish.

If you want to give it a run to get the idea of map flow for combat ideas, I can send you the file. There are also a couple unused monster closets and such.

rf` said:

Nobody made me maps for my birthday.

But we didn't even know that! Or me, at least...

BTW i have made a speedmap days ago, but is for another project I have in mind...

AD_79 said:

I'm sorry, but I can't get over the fact that you'd rather tune maps down instead of just leaving them as is.

I could leave them alone if you just ask me to.

I've never gotten a birthday map but then again I've never asked.

Have had zero mapping inspiration lately, but I'll try and rough something out.

Voltcom9 said:

Consider this a belated birthday map for Rf, Doomhuntress & Doomkid as well. :P

This short map is called the 'Olympus Mons Station'. Feel free to change it or do whatever you'd like with this map. Happy Birthday(s).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2axilmqqbdy21p5/BDAYtuneup.wad?dl=0

I hoped you'd give me something more up-tunable, because this is too good to tune-up.
I mean; it's fully detailed and all the encounters work well, I had nothing improve, except for that one outdoor view with the bugged fence with the enemies.
I could give you an FDA demo, but the wad only runs on Zdoom, sorry for that.

Also, why this year I only got 1 map but previous year I got 11? It's so bizzare, is it because I lost my iconic crappy map-making skills or because you thought I'd setup an april fools prank?

Joe how old or are you or will you be? And are you cool with modern sourceports like GzDoom, Zdoom or even Zandronum?