Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

This Shotgun Should Be in Doom

Considering he did 3 shots pretty fast near the beginning, we technically have a gun that can function like this (combat shotgun with burst mod) but an actual replica of this gun would be cooler, triply

BluePineapple72 said:

Considering he did 3 shots pretty fast near the beginning, we technically have a gun that can function like this (combat shotgun with burst mod) but an actual replica of this gun would be cooler, triply

It's the aesthetics that make's this thing cool as balls. It would be great if you could switch from single-shot to semi-automatic as a dual function. It would essentially put the regular shotgun out of use but keep the double shotgun significant in battle because it can fire two shot simultaneously.

The recent Mad Max game has one of those. A cobbled together wasteland version, but still.

Sure, then we should also have a Quad Shotgun too.... I mean why not? We can make a happy song out of it!

One barrel, two barrels, three barrels, four barrels! Blood and guts everywhere!

Guts and entrails splayed on the floor, brains on the wall, blood raining down on me like a shower!

Shotgun shells lying everywhere! One from the single, two from the double, three from the triple, four from the quad!

All in all it's seven shells! Seven shells of glory! I'm knee-deep in the dead, and this is my boomstick! My boomsticks! =D

doom_is_great said:

No. Although, I think this same guy did a video on a pump action double barrel shotgun. Now THAT would sweet to have in Doom.

What about a Pump-Action Quad Shotgun? =3

banned said:

i think there should be FOUR barrels cause it's doom 4

And the shells should EXPLODE.

That's 18.

And from the look of it, it just fires 3 bullets with each pull of the trigger, so it's still 6 shots.

Why have more barrels to make the weapon look stupider, when you could improve the tech in the shotgun shell to make each individual shot more destructive?

mordecai32 said:

Why 6 when you can have 21 ?

http://i.imgur.com/BINxFQG.jpg

That looks just like Bombshell's pistol, is it a replica or did already exist?

The aesthetic of the shotgun presented here looks like something that would fit in the original Doom games.

hardcore_gamer said:

That gun looks so stupidly pointless.

Fun Fact: that gun - where many might think of the (not that good) Bombshell game - actually existed and was sold:

http://www.gizmag.com/triple-barrel-revolver-surfaces/22523/

Just google for it, it was a spanish revolver. When I saw the first promotional shots of Bombshell I though "yeah, there is over the top, and too much over the top", until I learned that a similar design existed ;)

tuo said:

Fun Fact: that gun - where many might think of the (not that good) Bombshell game - actually existed and was sold:

http://www.gizmag.com/triple-barrel-revolver-surfaces/22523/

Just google for it, it was a spanish revolver. When I saw the first promotional shots of Bombshell I though "yeah, there is over the top, and too much over the top", until I learned that a similar design existed ;)

I still haven't played Bombshell and I don't know if I will, would've been more interested in Duke Nukem: Mass destruction, the bombshell prequel has really caught my attention though.

1) Recoil would fuck you over and 2) Having ammo count not with an odd count would make it unusable.

Only if someone made a sprite of that shotgun at the Spriting Carnival at the ZDoom forum....

Well , still , i remember hearing somewhere ( gameinformer i think ) that you can get a triple barrel upgrade for your double - barrel , so ..........