Find results in...
Superluigieth1

Kirk or Picard?

Kirk or Picard?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Kirk or Picard?

• Kirk
    • Picard

Where is the impse option? Why can't I vote impse? This is infringing on my rights as a Doomer.

RUSH said:

Where is the impse option? Why can't I vote impse? This is infringing on my rights as a Doomer.

I need to contact a moderator for that. Sorry.

Jaxxoon R said:

The only man that, after 25 years, looks even younger.

I miss the old Post Hell version of this song :-(

Sisko ftw

Nothing like watching him encounter Picard and grounding him to dust by his own eyeballs. Guy is tough enough to grind kirk, picard and whatserface into tiny particles just by looking at them

Picard. Strong leader, intelligent, morally grounded. My kind of captain!

I love Kirk's attitude and ballsyness at times, though.

Halfblind said:

I have a soft spot for Kira myself. All hail Star Trek DS9: The Fallen.

So do I, but I'm mad at that game because it's a glitchy mess - especially on new PCs.

Kirk almost got his whole crew killed at least once because he simply refused to follow SOP. Dummy.

Sometimes I prefer Picard and sometimes I prefer Sisko.

I'm going with Picard, his flute skills are out of this world. And he always seemed to be the better Captain, he was more likely to think his way out of problems instead of just throwing a bunch of red-shirts into the meat-grinder.

Although quite frankly, John Archer is my favorite Captain from Star Trek, and I seem to be the only person who liked Star Trek: Enterprise. But he's Scott Freaking Bakula! How can you argue with Scott Freaking Bakula?

Edit: Although, if the option was available I would've gone with impse.

What about Picard as the captain and young Kirk as his first officer? On the Enterprise in some alternate reality.

Picard would negotiate a peaceful coexistence of humans and demons, so I'll wait for impse.

All good points. You at least managed to convince me to vote for Picard... ;)

If given the option I would have picked Janeway if Picard was not here because I actually liked Voyager but because Picard is here I pick Picard, because why wouldn't I.

Jello said:

I seem to be the only person who liked Star Trek: Enterprise.

I liked Enterprise. I thought that show had a lot of potential. I was really disappointed when it was canceled. I heard, had there been a 5th season, they were going to kick off the Earth-Romulan War.

Seeker_of_Truth said:

I liked Enterprise. I thought that show had a lot of potential. I was really disappointed when it was canceled. I heard, had there been a 5th season, they were going to kick off the Earth-Romulan War.

That would've been really interesting to see. I'm not a Star Trek fanatic, but the Human Vulcan Romulan dynamic was always interesting to me, and it could use more fleshing out.

I always thought Enterprise escaped cancellation though, and the producers just decided to end it after Season 4. However after checking Wikipedia I guess I was wrong, and it was cancelled. It really had a lot of potential, and it was more interesting than Deep Space 9 or Voyager, with a bunch of people and aliens dicking around in a space station bar.

And then there's Whoopi-fucking-Goldberg.

Tough choice, but I'll go with Picard because I've seen more of TNG than the Original Series. They're both good captains, I think, in the long run. But, they're also two different approaches to the job, both of which are effective in their own ways.

deadwolves said:

Sisko ftw

Nothing like watching him encounter Picard and grounding him to dust by his own eyeballs. Guy is tough enough to grind kirk, picard and whatserface into tiny particles just by looking at them

Agreed. He was the best of the 5 captains in the TV series.

Kirk, but only because I never watched TNG and only TOS growing up. If I were to get into it now, I would probably like Picard more.