Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomGater

TeamTnt

This sucks, man! So weird to think, that link has been active for my entire online life until now.. Surely another (ex) member has the details? It would be a crying shame to lose it to vultures - look at doomshack.com, doomnation.com, zdaemon.com, odamex.com - once these domains fall out of rotation, the vultures sweep them up quick and ask tens of thousands of dollars for them. I hope this one can be saved from such a crummy, anti-climactic fate.

DoomGater said:

http://teamtnt.com is gone. Nobody paid Ty's Bill ...

Are there any backups/archives or mirrors?

I have a couple of backups, the most recent from last May, both probably missing content that's not linked to from the website. I'm sure this was discussed in another thread which should contain some additional links, so it might be possible to retrieve some lost content from the Wayback Machine if nobody has backups.

That's a pity, but it was inevitable.

By the way, did fraggle ever get a reply from Zebok Hosting?

Doomkid said:

This sucks, man! So weird to think, that link has been active for my entire online life until now.. Surely another (ex) member has the details? It would be a crying shame to lose it to vultures - look at doomshack.com, doomnation.com, zdaemon.com, odamex.com - once these domains fall out of rotation, the vultures sweep them up quick and ask tens of thousands of dollars for them. I hope this one can be saved from such a crummy, anti-climactic fate.

Hopefully someone can continue its legacy in some way.

HavoX said:

By the way, did fraggle ever get a reply from Zebok Hosting?

I did not. I believe Zebok was Ty's company. Probably the servers that ran the sites he administered have been turned off - see zebokhosting.com which has the same suspended page now.

I suspected something like this might happen so I took a mirror of as much of the teamtnt.com site as I could. I'll try to put that on archive.org ASAP.

What about rehosting the stuff on Doomworld and having any copies of Boom that are not on /idgames/ uploaded there?

fraggle said:

I suspected something like this might happen so I took a mirror of as much of the teamtnt.com site as I could. I'll try to put that on archive.org ASAP.

When Ty was confirmed dead Spirit/archiveteam made sure that teamtnt.com was crawled, so there's an up-to-date WARC of Teamtnt already. It might need to be injected into the wayback machine, I'll prod Spirit/#archiveteam on efnet when I'm back at work on Tuesday.

Glaice said:

What about rehosting the stuff on Doomworld and having any copies of Boom that are not on /idgames/ uploaded there?

All the versions of Boom available at teamtnt.com (which incidentally was not all of them ever, 2.00 afaik was missing) were confirmed to be in /idgames already. They're also in Chungy's historic-ports repo.

fraggle said:

(...)

Fantastic. Nice to see pros at work. ;-)
As mentioned before, I could help out with some webspace,
if that'd help (But nowadays, webspace should be a minor problem)!

We should adopt the TeamTNT Motto: 'Keeping It Going'

The TNT: Evilution MAP 31 key fix is not in /idgames/themes/TeamTNT or /idgames/idstuff

If the maintainers hang around here, could they post it there? I would submit it to /newstuff, but since it was not my map, I don't have the authority.

mdmenzel said:

The TNT: Evilution MAP 31 key fix is not in /idgames/themes/TeamTNT or /idgames/idstuff

If the maintainers hang around here, could they post it there? I would submit it to /newstuff, but since it was not my map, I don't have the authority.

They did supply it on the GOG copy of Final Doom, which was nice of them.

*coughs*... :)

This is a bit of a special link that shouldn't disappear. Maybe I'll make a post about it in Everything Else.

This is very sad to hear that the Team TNT site is gone, hope someone could restore it as it is one of the most important historical icons of Doom.

Why bother with the map31 fix? Patch the iwad to the id anthology version instead, which includes other fixes as well.

LogicDeLuxe said:

Why bother with the map31 fix? Patch the iwad to the id anthology version instead, which includes other fixes as well.

I was trying to be helpful. Why are you being a douche?

It's also a very important link for people who don't have GOG or Steam versions of Final Doom, which is why I put those links there to begin with.

map31fix.zip uploaded to /idgames. Thanks Master O for the links.

I didn't realize it was that hard to find the real useful patch: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/thread/49837

A working link is there, but for some reason, that thread is closed, even though the initial question, if the creator of the patch should upload it to idgames, wasn't answered.

You can just ignore the Commander Keen files, if patching Final Doom is all you want.

chungy said:

*coughs*... :)

This is a bit of a special link that shouldn't disappear. Maybe I'll make a post about it in Everything Else.

Nice.

Thanks to all for the various mirroring efforts.

Once a permanent mirror is made, please let me know since we need to update all the wiki links which are currently dead.

IMHO it'd be cool if we could try to acquire the teamtnt.com domain name when its registration expires, but I dunno how practical that will even be - it may get squatted before anybody even gets a chance.

Unless I'm mistaken, we might be waiting a while:

Domain Name: TEAMTNT.COM
Registry Domain ID: 3430916_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Registrar URL: http://networksolutions.com
Updated Date: 2016-03-07T08:34:54Z
Creation Date: 1998-05-07T04:00:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-05-06T04:00:00Z
So unless it was renewed on the 7th March by someone involved with TeamTNT it would be non-trivial to recover. I checked some valuations quickly and they were all $5K plus but who knows how inflated they are.

I saw it got renewed; I wondered if it was done automatically as part of the plan that was already paid for or agreed, or if it was done by Ty's estate (it might be tied up with other things he was doing that we aren't aware of)

Honestly I don't think there's much point in reclaiming the domain and hosting it forever after. What is important is that the content is preserved, static, museum-style: the domain name is just a convenience.

Jon said:

Honestly I don't think there's much point in reclaiming the domain and hosting it forever after. What is important is that the content is preserved, static, museum-style: the domain name is just a convenience.

There is one good reason, if you intend on using archive.org wayback as the only accessible backup. All somebody has to do is register teamtnt.com once it finally expires and set a robots deny-all policy and archive.org will just up and remove all that content. It's already happened with a number of Doom community related domains. This has turned keeping working archive links on the Doom Wiki into a war.

If I could, I'd go back and get stuff like doomnation and doomcenter, but squatters have them and want $4000 for them. Bleh.