Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Beta Clips & Screenshots

Since there is no NDA for the beta, what should we do regarding sick gameplay clips and screenshots of the game? Should we make a new thread for each one, a master thread, or not post them altogether?

I imagine a thread will spring up. It might even be this one. You won't find anyone here stopping you from posting your sick 360 revenant jetpack kills.

360 gauss noscope 2016 mlg edition compilation nightmare brutality

Or maybe

Top 10 glory kill fails (gone wrong)(gone sexual)

Linguica said:

Is the beta yet another multiplayer test?

Yes, with one more map and a few new weapons.

I really hope to get some camo skins for our weapons at some point.

I also want more darker color options. Too much brightness!

Zemini said:

I really hope to get some camo skins for our weapons at some point.

I also want more darker color options. Too much brightness!

In the beta, there's an option to choose camos, but there aren't any unlocked

Such a section is a highly antiquated construct today when you have access to youtube, forums, blogs, web archives and of course the modern search engines that enable these; Hence, nobody cares.

More to the point, it would be a lot of effort with very little upside. Today if a person wants basic info on a game they will google it, possibly looking for a dedicated wiki, find what they want, and leave. Putting in the dozens of hours to make even a bare bones Doom 2016 section would result in very little quality traffic (e.g. new posters) and a whole lot of work.

Linguica said:

More to the point, it would be a lot of effort with very little upside. Today if a person wants basic info on a game they will google it, possibly looking for a dedicated wiki, find what they want, and leave. Putting in the dozens of hours to make even a bare bones Doom 2016 section would result in very little quality traffic (e.g. new posters) and a whole lot of work.

ideally when the game releases there will be enough traffic to warrant improvements to the site. hopefully you haven't ruled that out yet?

If traffic warranted site changes then this would actually be called instadoomworld by now.