Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadesMaster

An easy way to add traditional modding....

Snapmap will be awesome; even from someone whose mapped traditionally! I could easily build a stage in which you fight a Red Baron 'Belphegor' as a boss. Or take him over and BECOME and possess him, losing you humanity to rule Hell....

But why stop there? Why not make it so that ppl who want to mod the traditional way can contribute models and the like to forums, but than ID can 'vote' on some and do quality control, than include all that in DLC game updates everyone across the board gets once in a while? New #snapParts new #snapFeatures hell new #doomDemons and variants all possible!

....im sorry...but what?
Are you..umm
.sending id a message? Because you sound kinda like one of those ads on tumblr

HellVain said:

....im sorry...but what?
Are you..umm
.sending id a message? Because you sound kinda like one of those ads on tumblr

Well, you sound like a TV Show :P

Portal 2 is probably the best system I could think of for this kind of thing. It has an in-house editor for people who want to make simple maps without having to learn a lot of the system's mechanics but you can also use Hammer Editor if you want a more in depth experience, so it allows both hardcore modding enthusiasts as well as casual map builders to create content. Snapmap should be for casual players like the in-house editor and there should also be an equivalent of the Hammer Editor for players that want more depth in their modding.

Close, but lacking any Hammer / Trenchbroom-type editor that allows for precise vertex manipulation... I mean designing assets in say Blender, than Bethesda having an appropriate forum on their website... some ofthe stuff the people make they approve.

When they inevitably update the game they provide new #SnapContent for everyone... from the users as well as new ID creations... but why NOT evoke the community and have Hellknight 'Cybruiser' variants and 'Cyber Barons' as well as user created props and things... PS4, PC, Xbox we all get the update at once so the Snapmap info files are the only 'custom' downloads, still, despite people having also contributed finer details....

There are a lot of things that I want too add but I doubt snapmap will allow it. I hope the game has a "Alien" pulse like feature for demon proximity. That would be cool for the campaign I want to make.

I also need to configure enemy behavior but I might be able to do some of that with triggers.