Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

ITT: it's 2004

So in just a few weeks we'll have the New Doom, but holy crap, did you hear about the specs? ATI Radeon 9000 series are the recommended cards? 256 MB is insane!

You need a not yet released 512 MB video card to play the game at the highes stettings?? What were you thinking, Carmack! No one will be able to play this game as intended! I saw some pictures of the game at low settings and it looks terrible, why would id release a game this blurry after the crisp and colorful Quake III? Wasn't Doom pretty colorful compared to Quake?

The new Doom will be a major fail if I and many others cant run it on my FX4! Most of us just bought new machines for Deus Ex and NWN expansion, and that won't be enough?? I only hope the XBOX version is worth it because that's all I can afford right now!

what a world we lived in. AMD was the preferred CPU performance/dollar micro-architecture in gaming and ATi still existed.

i played doom 3 on a 3.0 ghz pentium 4 with 1gb of ram and a radeon 8500 back in the day before upgrading to a 9800 pro a month or two after release.

my prescott p4 used to overheat when playing doom 3 and i'd freeze up and crash and lose my data but i got to replay moments in doom 3 again so i didnt care.

i never did finish doom 3 back then in one playthrough without warping through levels or cheating, i went back about a year ago and did just that.

ready for the new doom.

You do realize smilies are disabled for a good reason, right?

HavoX said:

You do realize smilies are disabled for a good reason, right?

Just wait until Emoji and you can't turn that shit off. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Those specs are for a game that won't come out for another 12 years. What the hell is that future tech they talk about?

Yeah crystal balls are balls they are inaccurate and never tell the truth! Damn wizards can lick my iMac G5! Speaking of iMac G5 I wonder if there will be linux/Mac OS ports of this amazing ultra-realistic doom game.

If ID still hasn't learned to not fully shit on slower machines it is their own fault. Other companies get out of their way to support as many machines as they can.

alterworldruler said:

Yeah crystal balls are balls they are inaccurate and never tell the truth! Damn wizards can lick my iMac G5! Speaking of iMac G5 I wonder if there will be linux/Mac OS ports of this amazing ultra-realistic doom game.

WOAH MAN THAT'S SO RAD MAN! IT'S SO CYBERRIFIC! TEXTURE-MAPPED WALLS AND VIRTUAL MAZES? WOOOOAAAAH!

The actual trailer for Doom 2016. =3

The STRAFE trailer is one of the best pieces of videogame marketing ever and I won't hear a word otherwise.