Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krimson Madness

Doom Beta

I wonder when we get an e-mail to redeem the code to play the beta, it's 30/03 and i still didn't get an e-mail. Is it tommorow we get an e-mail? Did some of you guys already got an e-mail?

What platform are you waiting for? I got mine for steam and PS4 (which I don't have anymore) and I'm waiting on the Xbox One invite still. There's still a little time, but it seems awfully close. Should've kept the PS4 :)

many people already got their keys

since I got no alpha key I guess I won't get access to the beta too, fucking shit

You get access if you either preordered Wolfenstein TNO or bought one with a beta key included and entered it. Otherwise you can go to Gamestop April 1st and get one.

Thank you for signing up for the DOOM Beta.

This is confirmation that you have entered a valid DOOM Beta code and your email address is in our records.

When the DOOM beta is about to begin, you will receive further instructions at this email address with next steps on how to access the beta.

Please ensure you keep this email address active and valid.

I also got mine on steam yesterday. Have preloaded 9,9 gb. Guess they are releasing the last 11 gigs just a few hours before the servers go online.

Does anyone with Steam/PC have an executable in their Doom Folder after preloading?

All I have is a folder named like an executable.

It's not like I want to search any strings in there....nooooooo.......just wondering :)

If you have a Ps4 Check your notifications list on the system. That's where my invite popped up. Also in my email spam folder. Wasn't from Bethesda it was from PlayStation Store. However I cannot pre download it yet even though it says we should be able to.

tuo said:

Does anyone with Steam/PC have an executable in their Doom Folder after preloading?

All I have is a folder named like an executable.

It's not like I want to search any strings in there....nooooooo.......just wondering :)

Everybody only have a 0 bytes exe on PC. That's understandable since it would've been cracked already.

I pre-ordered Wolfenstein from Green Man Gaming and activated it on Steam. I just checked today and the Doom Closed Beta is in my games list, pre-installing now. Really I'm pissed that it's a DM beta, I was hoping it would be an SP Beta/Demo. Maybe 2 levels. But at least I'll get to load it and play around to see if my system will handle the full game.

But Dammit, I really wanted an SP Beta/Demo. I really don't care about multi-player, and I doubt after a year or two have passed anyone will care about Doom 2016 multi-player either. Especially when custom maps are limited to prefrab snap-map instead of the endless limits of amateur level designers.

It was neat in Time-Splitters because it was the first time I'd seen it in a console. But it was limited, very limited, and stifled any sort of creativity, it wasn't near anything I could do with Worldcraft/Hammer Editor at the time. And it looks like Snap-Map is just a glorified version. And the 'create any game-type you want' doesn't entice me, because Time-Splitters had that 12 years ago.

I plan on getting it the same way I got the Doom 3 alpha. Bust not divided into twenty RAR files through dial up.

EDIT: Ah fuck I got a Mac never mind.

hardcore_gamer said:

It's now the 31st and yet the beta still won't start. Wasn't the beta suppose to happen today?

10pm ET, check your timezone.

AnonimVio said:

10pm ET, check your timezone.

Crap then it won't release until 2 after midnight for me :( Was looking forward to playing it today :( Well at least I can play during the weekend instead.

So the beta works now! Too bad that it crashes when I try to launch it :(

Am currently downloading the latest video driver to see if it fixes the issue.

Had some issues with the bethesda-intro. Kinda looked like the "game-overlay" (the one, that shows your key) made it stuttering. After a few restarts it works fine now.

And you can't close this message (shift-tab) until you get to the main-menu. And it doesn't keep your self selected resolution until this point though.

#edit: The game does not keep you self-selected resolution (1920x1200 in may case). After restarting the game it goes back to 1920x1080). I have to reselect my resolution und apply it.

Same issue with beth logo here. It's very annoying. I have some trouble with key bindings - can't use 3rd mouse key to forward. But the most annoying thing is that we can't select levels - they supposed to be 9 levels right? But after two matches on hitwave and inferno I'll be taken to heat wave again. Jeez! Why we must play the same boring level over and over again?

Reinchard said:

Same issue with beth logo here. It's very annoying. I have some trouble with key bindings - can't use 3rd mouse key to forward. But the most annoying thing is that we can't select levels - they supposed to be 9 levels right? But after two matches on hitwave and inferno I'll be taken to heat wave again. Jeez! Why we must play the same boring level over and over again?

No! Beta contains only 2 levels! 9 for full release!

To me Infernal looks good enough, but I wonder why today devs are afraid to use some amazing mix themes like in old Doom/Quake - e.g hell with industrial themes, gothic with industrial etc. Old time devs had more expressiveness in that matter and the final result was more delightful then just caves with occasionally pentagrams and skulls. BTW that Sacrilegium level looks promising.

DooM_RO said:

Level design is very good.

Yeah, the level design is great and Warpath is a neat game mode. I sure wish I could equally praise to the weapons. To me, they sound and feel disappointingly weak. The automatic weapons in particular are a joke and even the SSG feels like it takes way too many blasts to bring people down (even TWO point-blank shots sometimes doesn't get the job done, which is ridiculous). I also wish the movement speed was a bit faster and that you had more control over mid-air movement after double-jumping.

Overall, I think the beta's decent. Do I see the MP having long-lasting appeal? Not really. Then again, I've never been a huge DM fan because it tends to be so mindless and repetitive. The game does look fantastic, however, and runs great as well. I absolutely love the way the hell-ish areas look.

chubz said:

Yeah, the level design is great and Warpath is a neat game mode. I sure wish I could equally praise to the weapons. To me, they sound and feel disappointingly weak. The automatic weapons in particular are a joke and even the SSG feels like it takes way too many blasts to bring people down (even TWO point-blank shots sometimes doesn't get the job done, which is ridiculous). I also wish the movement speed was a bit faster and that you had more control over mid-air movement after double-jumping.

Overall, I think the beta's decent. Do I see the MP having long-lasting appeal? Not really. Then again, I've never been a huge DM fan because it tends to be so mindless and repetitive. The game does look fantastic, however, and runs great as well. I absolutely love the way the hell-ish areas look.

Yes, it looks exactly like it should. Fire, skulls and bones, rivers of blood, bricks. My favorite zone is probably the one with Quad damage in the Hell level.