Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tuo

Phobos

Chances are quite high I missed it in some other thread, but since it was a question some time ago wether Phobos makes a return, and even the Leak did not provide much, I stumbled over this (German GameStop Ad):

Seems like Phobos in fact plays again a role in Doom 2016.

Sorry if this is old news.

Yeah Mixom were a company in Doom 3 that supplied the UAC with a bunch of things.

Didn't Doom 3 have a similar poster texture? I just tried searching for it butthe results are somewhat confused by a certain Doom 3 mod which looks totally awesome and I am in no way affiliated with.

It's also possible that the poster I'm thinking of was added into Phobos and it's been so long since I played any D3 that wasn't Phobos I just can't remember.

AirRaid said:

a certain Doom 3 mod which looks totally awesome and I am in no way affiliated with.

i know this post won't mean much to you or anyone else for that matter but this actually made me smile

I don't know why, but that poster gives me a total Blade Runner moment!

Have to watch it again (haven't watched it in the last twelve months, neither red the book in about four years...damnit, I am letting myself slip, also haven't red Hitchhiker in the last year), but I remember that there is a nice ad "to come work at the colonies, and shape the future your kids live in".

This makes me happy and giddy with joy! Just imagine the possibilities!

What if they remake all 9 levels from the first episode of Doom? (Knee-Deep in the Dead) but they remake them to be what they are supposed to be?

For example, the Hangar is an ACTUAL HANGAR. The Nuclear plant is a nuclear plant.

OH MAN I'M JUST GETTING EXCITED AT THE POSSIBILITIES! =DDDDD

*faints*

AirRaid said:

oh god no matter how lackluster the original game this is based on was, this trailer still makes my mouth water after all this time

didn't know it was you in charge of it though, that's pretty effin rad

tuo said:

Chances are quite high I missed it in some other thread, but since it was a question some time ago wether Phobos makes a return, and even the Leak did not provide much, I stumbled over this (German GameStop Ad):

https://www.gamestop.de/Views/Locale/Content/Images/HomepageBanners/Doom/Preorder-big.jpg

Seems like Phobos in fact plays again a role in Doom 2016.

Sorry if this is old news.

am i the only one getting some dead space 1/2 vibes from that mixom poster??

looking on the "yellow" poster (with those two ships) i wonder if we maybe get some "space map" (a'la in quake arena / unreal tournament), with giant mars panorama as a background and some gravity fun + monsters to shoot out (lost souls maybe?) but i know im too optimistic...

Almonds said:

oh god no matter how lackluster the original game this is based on was, this trailer still makes my mouth water after all this time

didn't know it was you in charge of it though, that's pretty effin rad

Heh thanks. Phobos is gonna be fuckin awesome when it's done. It's already amazing, can't wait til it's finished and ready. That trailer is so hilariously out of date now, we need to get something else out to supercede it. and by we, I mean me. So much work involved though to get something that looks good and does the mod justice.

AirRaid said:

Heh thanks. Phobos is gonna be fuckin awesome when it's done. It's already amazing, can't wait til it's finished and ready. That trailer is so hilariously out of date now, we need to get something else out to supercede it. and by we, I mean me. So much work involved though to get something that looks good and does the mod justice.

Sometime this century would be nice.

AirRaid said:

Will it require RoE? It never really caught my attention so I never got it.

Yeah it will require standard Base D3+RoE (but not supported by BFG edition), we've used several assets from RoE, including the SSG. We figure by the time Phobos is ready RoE will have been on sale for dirt cheap many times and most people will have it.

It's been £1/$1.50 on steam previously, I imagine in any major sale it would be a similar price.

Edit: And to clarify, apparently we did make that poster specifically, and my memory is just bad.