Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angry Saint

Z_CheckHeap error (Chocolate Doom)

I’m working on a Vanilla Doom level using new stock textures.

When I test the level in Chocolate Doom, the game crashes and gives the following error:

Z_CheckHeap: block size does not touch the next block

On wiki I find noted that “This error is notorious for appearing when loading maps with bad sidedefs. (or linedefs with no sector defined to them)”

I checked my map with the tools in GZDoom Builder and everything is ok, no bad sidedefs or open sector. The map is not even big, at the moment there are only like 15-20 sectors.

The same map plays well in prboom.

What can I do?

Does it happen after triggering some relatively obscure linedef action such as stair building, floor donut, perpetual lift, floor lower to lowest floor (changes texture), etc.? Does it happen upon seeing a particular linedef (a 2-sided one with a multipatch midtexture) or the sky (on both floor and ceiling in the same sector)? EDIT: Or does it even happen upon startup of the engine or the map (in which case try rebuilding nodes in a different nodebuilder)?

Perhaps post the map.

scifista42 said:

Does it happen after triggering some relatively obscure linedef action such as stair building, floor donut, perpetual lift, floor lower to lowest floor (changes texture), etc.?

No linedef action involved. It crashes directly at start.

scifista42 said:

Does it happen upon seeing a particular linedef (a 2-sided one with a multipatch midtexture)

No. Not planned, at least. I may check this.

scifista42 said:

or the sky (on both floor and ceiling in the same sector)?

No sky.

scifista42 said:

Perhaps post the map.

I will later, when I come back home.

Angry Saint said:

It crashes directly at start.

OK. See the edit of my previous post. Also make sure that the map is saved into an actual file rather than just GZDoom Builder's temp (in case you've just newly created the map and haven't saved it yet).

scifista42 said:

In cwb01.wad, rename FF_END to F_END.

Oh...

Now it works. It was just that. I suppose it is a common error. For newbies.

Ok, thank you so much!!!