Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

DOOM - Fight Like Hell Cinematic Trailer

Technician said:

Ew. Screamo is now punk? I hate it when I miss a meeting.

To be honest it sounds EXACTLY like the nu metal bands that were gaining momentum at the time, i.e. Korn, Slipknot, Godsmack, Kittie, Stuck Mojo, Mudvayne, etc.

Holy shit.. that was cool!!!

It really felt like the old quake 2 intro in some ways :) I love it!

Definitely far superior to the Hollywood Doom movie.

Music wouldn't be bad at all if that high pitched scream nonsense was taken out. Intstrumentally I dig it.

you know, some of the comments on that video made me actually consider

something along the lines of somewhere over the rainbow or alone again by james o sullivan wouldn't be unfitting here

ABRACADABRA said:

I was a little dissatisfyed with the video, so I redone it. here is my version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v3zcygH5c0
I think it's much better now

wow these fucking bethesda faggots thinking the entire point of the game is pointless violence, this game is destined to bomb harder than ali

could someone make an edit removing half a fucking gallon of gore

Almonds said:

you know, some of the comments on that video made me actually consider

something along the lines of somewhere over the rainbow or alone again by james o sullivan wouldn't be unfitting here

I say, why even use hard rock at all? Maybe it's because I have such a throbbing boner for Aubrey Hodges, but the trailer was begging for some kind of dark cinematic touch. Hell, it could have even had guitars in the background, why not? But there's a certain cultural connotation to what they ended up using. Seems nearly everyone on here agrees that it diminishes the intended seriousness of the game. Yeah, it's a silly game, but there's that tone, that morose dark tone, which is negated by screamy kid rock.

This looks like a trailer you'd see in theatres or on TV, the same thing happened with fallout 4 (non violent commercials getting air-time so old people don't freak out)

It obviously lacks gore so they could play it anywhere without a hitch. Just because it's DOOM doesn't mean they get to ignore the regulated ad content.

Bethesda seems to use alot of live action stuff for soon-to-launch game. Wasn't the full cinematic teaser done by Blur studios? This seems to be more tv commercial friendly in a sense to get zit faced teens interested but feels really disconnected to how DOOM has been presented so far.

Technician said:

Ew. Screamo is now punk? I hate it when I miss a meeting.

They're a mix of Post-Hardcore and Hardcore Punk. RateYourMusic has them as the 21st best "Punk" album ever made, including all Sub-Genres:

They could have used some Slayer to be honest..... Criminally Insane anyone? E1M3?

Or how about Silent Scream? E3M8. South of Heaven? MAP07.

Now let's be real here, South of Heaven would have probably fit the trailer better than this nu metal song.

Actually I have a song that in my opinion fits the trailer WAY better.

Mute the trailer and synchronize the trailer to play with the song at the same time.

E3M1 of Doom aka Pantera Mouth for War. =)

Oh and a big thanks to GoatLord for introducing me to Morbid Angel. Fucking awesome band. \m/ \m/ I'm listening to Morbid Angel right now. I thought the heavy stuff of Slayer and Pantera was gone, but nope, Morbid Angel's right up there in the heavy heavy metal that I'd probably want to see in the new Doom. =)

I wish the new Doom would use some Morbid Angel, Slayer, Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, Exodus, Testament, you know that'd be cool. =3

Wow, this trailer was sick as hell. Even the music fit well imo in kind of an ironic way, though I think making it ridiculous or stupid on purpose wasn't the intention. In my opinion a trailer doesn't necessarily have to convey the atmosphere of the real game itself.

YES! F'ing yes! At least his armor doesn't look as goofy as the MP models.
Also, huge props on that Refused. Amazing friggin band, and an amazing album!
So pleased they used it on the trailer. (Although that song was very over played back in the day - brings me back now).

Everyone here calling Refused nu metal...really needs to do some homework.

ChickenOrBeef seems to be the only one here who knows what they're talking about. Refused fucking reinvented hardcore in 1998 -- they're arguably as influential to hardcore as Fugazi. They set a brand new standard for what a post-hardcore band sounds like.

Granted, a 1-minute bastardization of New Noise isn't going to sell them very well, but The Shape of Punk to Come is an excellent album with a variety of hardcore/punk stylings. I understand not liking hardcore -- it's not exactly my favorite genre. But writing them off as "lol screamo" or "screamy kid rock" is fucking dumb and dismissive, especially when you're talking about a hugely influential band with a lot of respect and integrity within many music circles.

GoatLord said:

To be honest it sounds EXACTLY like the nu metal bands that were gaining momentum at the time, i.e. Korn, Slipknot, Godsmack, Kittie, Stuck Mojo, Mudvayne, etc.

You should listen to the album.
It was a fusion of punk, jazz, metal, classical..

I like some of those albums from the nu-metal era, but I wouldn't
compare them to Refused.

Trailer taken me back to my youth when I used to go out to clubs.

Loved every second of it.