Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

DOOM - Fight Like Hell Cinematic Trailer

That Cacodemon firing animation! That's what I call an angry burp from hell!!!!

Linguica said:

Haha good lord that soundtrack

Yeah, that just made me cringe the whole goddamn video. Absolutely awful. Jesus. It sounds like mid 90s aggro rock that Hot Topic kids stomp to during recess. Didn't fit AT ALL with the video! It's like people have forgotten what cinematic appropriateness means in the context of sound design. This actually almost makes me not want to play it (I will though, because it's Doom), because the music is so juvenile.

Now, for the record, I'm not saying they should have used Morbid Angel's "Invocation of the Continual One," but...actually, that's absolutely what they should have used.

Moves like an american football player haha. id was never known for their cinematics though so it's hard to fault them. Still they probably nailed it with their desired demographic - there's got to be tens of millions more teens with $60 to blow than 30-something males who'd rather spend $60 on food or heating oil.

GoatLord said:

I just can't get over how awful the music was. Shame on you, Beth.

I think they used a softer song like this just so they could air it on TV without any worries, which is also why there is little to no violence in the trailer

Vorpal said:

Moves like an american football player haha. id was never known for their cinematics though so it's hard to fault them. Still they probably nailed it with their desired demographic - there's got to be tens of millions more teens with $60 to blow than 30-something males who'd rather spend $60 on food or heating oil.

The actual LOOK of the trailer is just fine. It's the sound design they fucked up on. I think you're right about the demographic though, because old school death metal fans in their 30s are probably not who they're targeting...

Pretty cool video, and should definitely capture attention as a TV ad. The music isn't bad, but I agree that something closer to Death Metal or at least Industrial Metal (like the actual soundtrack) would have fit better.

Weird, that song is actually from 1998? I wouldn't have guessed. Maybe Swedish hardcore punk was ahead of its time.

Hey look, Doomguy's helmet is tan in this. Kind of odd that the box art doesn't reflect that, but I recall them saying it wasn't the final (which is looking less and less likely the more they feature it in promotional videos). The F-90 serial number from the E3 demo is also missing.

Just a though I found pretty funny for some reason, but the cyberdemon kind of sounds like a tyrannosaur going "DUUUH! DUUUUUUH!"

People here complain that the soundtrack is too bland and too unmetal, now that they listened people still complain. I don't get doomworld anymore...

Linguica said:

Weird, that song is actually from 1998? I wouldn't have guessed. Maybe Swedish hardcore punk was ahead of its time.

When something sounds late 90s and it turns out it's actually from 1998...that's not really ahead of their time at all.

ChickenOrBeef said:

Yeah, that Refused album is one the highest acclaimed punk albums of all time. Punk was an odd choice for this video though, I agree.

Ew. Screamo is now punk? I hate it when I miss a meeting.