Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tenebrae is a short and experimental horror wad. You are a retired space marine living isolated in a cabin in the woods until you hear about demons appearing nearby and people disappearing in your neighbourhood, so you resolve to go investigate a nearby fortress, rumored to be the source of the infestation.

This is a beta version, so it may contain a lot of bugs and moments when the gameplay turn to shit. Please, comment everything weird that you find or dislike. Also, I couldn't test it on the newer versions of GZDoom (i'm stuck with a old version of OpenGL), so I can't guarantee it will work with the latest GZDoom build (it probably will). This wad is generally very dark, so if you are playing with your screen brightness too low or in a too bright room you may want to increase brightness a little.

You can try it here (reguires GZDoom):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tl9qx0z7a776zwb/tenebrae+pre-release.rar

As I said, increase your screen brightness. I can easily play it with the default GZDoom settings of gamma and brightness.

Just for reference, under "Display Options -> OpenGL Options -> Preferences -> Sector light mode", the default value is "Dark", the darkest one. That means 2 things: 1) Maps are generally best to be designed with this mode in mind, and on the other hand, 2) players may change the brightness type to another one when a map is too dark for them.

When I saw the thread title the first thing that popped into my head was that Quake engine...

Yep, good times.

kristus said:

Not being able to see shit is not scary. Just annoying.

This. I laugh at the dark.

Tenebrae is a cool Argento movie where John Saxon is a badass! You probably knew that already.

And kudos on releasing your map by the way!

I'm not sure what to think about the bad ending. I mean, it sounds like a pretty good ending once you get used to it.
Also, I'm not sure how you're supposed to reach map00.

Oh, those gray pinkies are possibly the most dangerous enemy in the wad. >_>

Finally, just out of curiosity, are you Portuguese or Brazilian? Probably the former, much easier for an European to have had contact with Argento's movies. (Nomes de fase meio maçantes, hein...)

Albertoni said:

I'm not sure what to think about the bad ending. I mean, it sounds like a pretty good ending once you get used to it.
Also, I'm not sure how you're supposed to reach map00.

Oh, those gray pinkies are possibly the most dangerous enemy in the wad. >_>

Finally, just out of curiosity, are you Portuguese or Brazilian? Probably the former, much easier for an European to have had contact with Argento's movies. (Nomes de fase meio maçantes, hein...)

Map00 is incomplete and inacessible, maybe i'll finish it for the final version and nope, I'm brazilian.