Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DMGUYDZ64, DoooD [3] should be the craziest Doom 3 mod even after Duck Nukem mod and Lego-Doom 3 mod. Funny picture!

Noiser, xD

Glaice, ok, now I undestrand. We weren't use those Romero sprites.

This is fucking with my soul. I approve. I don't think I've ever had my sense of non-euclidean geometry orgasm before.

It was fun. For 10 minutes, but fun.

I just have a problem: the chaingun. It still rotates "correctly" while I was expecting the two halves to rotate in different direction, or something like this.

Angry Saint said:

I just have a problem: the chaingun. It still rotates "correctly" while I was expecting the two halves to rotate in different direction, or something like this.

Half-reversing just doesn't work this way, that's why it still rotates "correctly".

The system reverses images, not "movement" of chaingun

@Angry Saint: Out of curiosity, which direction do you think the normal chaingun rotates into? (If you're not using any weapon sprite changing mods.)

@DeXiaZ: ok, now it is clear, thank you!

@scifista42: it seems to me that it rotates from left to right, that is clockwise from doomguy point of view.

This must have been a lot of tedious work with modifying all the original stuff ... but for what, after all? You reversed everything in 1 half, yes we get it. If you better invested that energy and time into making actual maps or actual mods, you would do better.

NinjaLiquidator said:

This must have been a lot of tedious work with modifying all the original stuff ... but for what, after all? You reversed everything in 1 half, yes we get it. If you better invested that energy and time into making actual maps or actual mods, you would do better.

Except for the part where DexiaZ actually significantly helped complete PSX Doom Lost Levels which was a massive community project, so I would tread carefully with that lack of factual knowledge.

NinjaLiquidator said:

This must have been a lot of tedious work with modifying all the original stuff ... but for what, after all?

For making a lot of people amused and/or impressed, and getting good chances to win this year's Cacoward-Mockaward? To me it sounds worth their effort!

alterworldruler: You dont get it. I am not going to criticize whole DexiaZ work. I am going to criticize this project idea. Its like filling million of cups with water just to get Guiness record.

scifista42: I just cant imagine that someone would love such a repetitive and unfullfilling task. I dont know if some award would be worth after all. Only award you need to get is the imaginary one from yourself.

Thanks again for comments!

NinjaLiquidator, you didn't get the idea of this mod. I appreciate your opinion, but I want to say one thing:

To be honest, there are no things to be "better" than anything else. I mean, you said that we're invested our energy to made this trash-mockward mod, but nothing changes in the world if we'll invest our energy to make regular mappack, seriously. Why people think that choices in our life changes anything overhaul. Yes, I'm trying to say that our destiny and fate doesn't mean anything. I do not deny its existence but just think about moment that every our action (not only modding) makes nothing serious.

UPD:

Its like filling million of cups with water just to get Guiness record.

Sounds like it's something bad. Why not to do this? It's good to be winner. It makes you thing that you can do things that other people can't.

Guest Unregistered account

__THHT__
ULTIMITJU
__D00D__

I love it.

DexiaZ: Mapping is enjoyable, making own textures and music is enjoyable, this is not. Honestly, did you enjoy making of this one?

... I hope you at least unpacked all images and used a script for wrapping all of them at once :D

NinjaLiquidator said:

DexiaZ: Mapping is enjoyable, making own textures and music is enjoyable, this is not. Honestly, did you enjoy making of this one?

... I hope you at least unpacked all images and used a script for wrapping all of them at once :D

Of course I enjoyed! It's funny, it's crazy, and I hoped to get the Mockward, honestly.

And yes, Daimonas wrote script to wrap every picture in few seconds

Joe667, thank you too! :D

NinjaLiquidator said:

It's obvious Dexiaz had fun doing this, and by the looks of it quite a few people got a kick out of it.

Despite the music not appealing to me, the rest of the whole thing did. I haven't laughed like this in a while, good work! :D

NinjaLiquidator said:

It would be stupid to process every single image that way, but still, some sprites was in need of manual adjustments.

Text messages also was mirrored almost automatically, but it was a pain in the ass a bit making them do that in a correct way.

NinjaLiquidator said:

alterworldruler: You dont get it. I am not going to criticize whole DexiaZ work. I am going to criticize this project idea. Its like filling million of cups with water just to get Guiness record.

.....so? Its not bad and harmful at all, and besides you can't be worried that much about others people work and their efforts and their time to make something funny, or can you?
No, wait, that's not worrying – that's jealous!

Jealousy is when you worry someone will take what you have. Envy is wanting what someone else has.

Also this mod is amusing in many ways! :D Kudos for getting everything including SFX and even music sorted!

I saw the name of this project was DooD, so naturally I checked it out-- Wait a sec...

FuzzballFox said:

Jealousy is when you worry someone will take what you have.

That's not quite right. DarkNem1337's usage was fine.

AD_79 said:

It's obvious Dexiaz had fun doing this, and by the looks of it quite a few people got a kick out of it.

I found it enjoyably maddening.

I wonder how well a completely reversed MooD would work. The sprites would not look much different (just facing the wrong way), but the sounds and music ...

Guest Unregistered account
Empyre said:

I wonder how well a completely reversed MooD would work. The sprites would not look much different (just facing the wrong way), but the sounds and music ...

I'd get to hear the reversed pain sound all over again.

Also, I can tell you just from looking at ZDoom mods, the shotgun looks really weird when mirrored. At least when reloading.

Empyre said:

Most notable part I'd imagine is being able to hear the re-reversed Icon of Sin sound effect.