Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xerge

Doom Welcome To Hell E3 music

I'm not sure where he/she got this ripped from, but it's fucking insane. Yes it's not metal, but it sure fits the setting, at least for me it does.

AirRaid said:

Merged threads. Please check if someone has posted the same thing already.

I didn't look well enough, sorry about it.

Eh... not really my type of music. I'm not really into dubstep. I feel they should have either gone the ambient route, or they should have just stuck with some thrash metal.

Either way, if the soundtrack ends up sounding like this.... I may or may not blast Morbid Angel and Slayer.... just saying. =3

DoomzRules said:

Eh... not really my type of music. I'm not really into dubstep. I feel they should have either gone the ambient route, or they should have just stuck with some thrash metal.

Either way, if the soundtrack ends up sounding like this.... I may or may not blast Morbid Angel and Slayer.... just saying. =3

Mick Gordon says:
...how u get dis? Anyway, that was made for QuakeCon 2 years ago and made a little appearance in the E3 demo. It's no longer representitive of the in-game soundtrack ;)

Xerge said:

Mick Gordon says:
...how u get dis? Anyway, that was made for QuakeCon 2 years ago and made a little appearance in the E3 demo. It's no longer representitive of the in-game soundtrack ;)

That's a relief, because I really don't like it.

DecemberMan said:

That's a relief, because I really don't like it.

Speaking of the quakecon demo , i wonder if they will release a recording or some thing of that demo some day ?

I would like to see how the game has changed since it's original appearance back in 2014 .

I remember hearing this in the E3 presentation and instantly fell in love with it, thanks for sharing the link. I know it's not representative of the final product, but it's a good tune and I would rather listen to this than Doom II's Taco Bell elevator music.

Xerge said:

Mick Gordon says:

That's a huge relief.... I don't like Dubstep. I like thrash metal. Thrash metal is totally Doom. Dubstep doesn't fit Doom. Maybe some new-fangled COD game or something...

But not Doom. Definitely not Doom.

Ambient music fits Doom.

80's and early 90's thrash metal fits Doom.

Everything else? Eh not so much IMHO.

RikohZX said:

And here's a compilation of the music from the trailers. Apparently these are leftovers in the beta assets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_FcybvR6rA

Awesome stuff!

00:00 is another version of E1M1 (but better than the alpha version).

The silent section with bass (0:42 - 1:55) is my favorite, really interesting and very detailed texture-wise. Magnificient use of effects, modulation and NIN-ish guitar tone (on the background). It's a beautiful piece of electronic hybrid and as I said, much better than the alpha music so far.

2:16 starts a Doom 3 homage!

2:40 is more straightforward, but solid at least, some sort of "glitch metal" with (perhaps) weird time signatures.

3:50 start sounding like a Year Zero track, very chaotic and noisy. Great stuff with some nice sound textures.

5:37 and forward is more casual (but OK-ish) with one or two highlights.

(...)

Some great stuff on this video. I hope it can survive until the final version.

CreamCheese said:

Dubsteppy Djent

There is nothing "dubstep-related" here man. Only glitch, noisy stuff. I can say that the alpha stuff had a minor dubstep influence, but not here.

What's with people thinking Doom should be all metal all the time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMex4f8cwEY

Does this sound like metal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFT0We5tKnM

Or this?

I'm not saying no metal but it's not a bad thing if some tracks aren't metal. Used correctly, it can set the mood of each level so you know when you're supposed to feel like a bad-ass and when you're supposed to feel overwhelmed.

MetroidJunkie said:

What's with people thinking Doom should be all metal all the time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMex4f8cwEY

Does this sound like metal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFT0We5tKnM

Or this?

I'm not saying no metal but it's not a bad thing if some tracks aren't metal. Used correctly, it can set the mood of each level so you know when you're supposed to feel like a bad-ass and when you're supposed to feel overwhelmed.

It's true, the original Soundtrack isn't just rock/metal, there are many examples of tracks like these in Doom 2 too. I think these type of tracks would work better most of the time to build a better atmosphere and that the rock/metal tracks would fit better when you engage in long or important battles.

RikohZX said:

And here's a compilation of the music from the trailers. Apparently these are leftovers in the beta assets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_FcybvR6rA

I like what I'm hearing here more than the "Welcome To Hell" song, which starts cool, but becomes too "wuuub" for me.

But yeah, the current state of the soundtrack sounds great. Mick lives up to the hype.

DoomzRules said:

That's a huge relief.... I don't like Dubstep. I like thrash metal. Thrash metal is totally Doom. Dubstep doesn't fit Doom. Maybe some new-fangled COD game or something...

But not Doom. Definitely not Doom.

Ambient music fits Doom.

80's and early 90's thrash metal fits Doom.

Everything else? Eh not so much IMHO.

It's not dubstep.

So I just remembered the soundtrack for the n64 version of Quake 2, I'm thinking ambient music similar to that would fit, specially in the Hell.

Xerge said:

Mick Gordon says:

That's unfortunate. Music is such a controversial topic on Doomworld and we all think we know what music works best, but I, for one, really liked the music in the E3 demo.

Xerge said:

So I just remembered the soundtrack for the n64 version of Quake 2, I'm thinking ambient music similar to that would fit, specially in the Hell.

Quake 2 on the N64 had Aubrey Hodges brilliant ambient compositions.... you know just because I'm feeling in the mood.... I'm probably going to play some PSX Doom! =D