Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timmie

Another update

Ok, I've pretty much got it all moved over to ZDoom 2.0 pre8 (about the only thing left to do in that regard is to use the PNG screenshot methods instead of my TGA methods).

As an added bonus, tonight I added the CVAR "vid_renderer". Valid values for it are 0 and 1: 0 for software and 1 for OpenGL. This is changeable in game (although there is still a niggling problem I have to fix with it getting too many exit handlers after switching a few times). Now you'll be able to use 1 executable for all your ZDoom needs! It's nice for checking how a map will look in the OpenGL renderer without exiting and starting another program and running back to where you were and it also makes it easier for me to check that things are being rendered like you would expect :)

Anyway, just thought I'd share that!

Sorry if this is the 50th time you've herd this question, but as a guess, when do think you'll be finished? (no pressure:))

timmie said:

As an added bonus, tonight I added the CVAR "vid_renderer". Valid values for it are 0 and 1: 0 for software and 1 for OpenGL. This is changeable in game [...]. Now you'll be able to use 1 executable for all your ZDoom needs!

YAY! :D

footman said:

IF it gets done

It's getting close... My life just got really busy for a couple months, but it seems to be settling down now. Plus, I was kind of waiting for Randy to get ZDoom 1.23 (or 2.0, however you look at it) out the door so I could be working with that.

I realize it's taking a long time, but it really is getting close!

the more i hear about the new ZdoomGL the more excited i get. i imagen i'll run around in small excited curcles when it's done...

at the moment i'm just bouncing up and down.

wow, my life is grate!!

Heh, well I thought I might remind people that the first beta release won't have all of (old) ZDoomGL's features, like dynamic lighting and md2s, etc.

But they will eventually be done ;)

Thats a cool feature, especially when lots of maps screw 3D renderers (fake bridges, 3d bridges etc).

Arioch said:

Wait, ZDOOM 2.0pre8? Where? What?

IN MY PANTS. Actually, I only have ZDoom 2.0pre7, but whatever.