Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Modding mods

I have this habit of Modding mods I get off the Internet. Usually I just make a *.bex Strings file so the map names show up on the auto map. But recently I made a couple of changes to wolfen’doom. I decided it didn’t play enough like the original. I.e. in Wolfenstine 3d, one shot at point blank range was enough to kill a guard, enemy’s don’t react quick enough, it takes too much ammo to kill everything, undead didn’t drop bullets ect. So the way I worked around these things was to give it a new *.bex file. Still most of the original wolfen bliss is hard to replicate even with a bex patch.

I’ve done a few things, for example, now all your weapons, as well as all bullet based opponents weapons now fire shot gun shots. To stop it from becoming too easy I bumped up the nazi HP a bit. So now most guards will die from a single shoot at close range, but take a little more ammo at long range. I also made the machinegun fire at the same rate as the chaingun from doom, and the chaingun firing at twice the rate of the doom one. Am I the only person here who doses this kind of thing? Any suggestions on how I can make doom play more like wolfenstine?

Increase the player speed. In Wolfenstein, it always feels like you're walking at two miles an hour. I also wish there was a way you could turn weapon bobbing on or off.

I haven't played wolfendoom for ages, if I remember correctly you get a super-annoying 'YEAH!' shouted everytime an enemy dies, thats the first thing i'd rip out.

DooMBoy said:

Increase the player speed. In Wolfenstein, it always feels like you're walking at two miles an hour. I also wish there was a way you could turn weapon bobbing on or off.

There is a way, silly DooMBoy. Edit your zdoom.ini file, look for this:

[Doom.Player]
stillbob=0
movebob=0.25 <---- Change this to zero.

If it's not zdoom you want to know about, maybe someone else can help. Explore the .cfg or .ini files, look for something to tweak.

fen boi said:

I haven't played wolfendoom for ages, if I remember correctly you get a super-annoying 'YEAH!' shouted everytime an enemy dies, thats the first thing i'd rip out.

You're not remembering correctly.

fen boi said:

I haven't played wolfendoom for ages, if I remember correctly you get a super-annoying 'YEAH!' shouted everytime an enemy dies

no it's when you pick up a weapon he says: yeah!
and i used to rip it out too.