Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EternalWolf

Multiplayer needs music(Quake 3 style)

Deatheye said:

MP needs the Quake 3 announcer

Nothing beats that guy. Also, a fast passed not too intrusive soundtrack is needed in DM. Does modern DM have sound tracks. I remember Halo 2 being somewhat absent of them.

...it has music...

I was just playing heatwave a bit ago, and there was indeed a metal music riffing in the background while I was running to pickup the gauss canon.

Buckshot said:

...it has music...

I was just playing heatwave a bit ago, and there was indeed a metal music riffing in the background while I was running to pickup the gauss canon.

There's music at the start of each match and there's about 3-5 seconds of music whenever you unlock an achievement, similar to COD. There isn't music 100% of the time though, which I agree should be the case. No harm in giving us the option.

I play my own music as of now (Spotify app on PS4), and it definitely makes the game click more.

I think having no music works well in games like COD because a lot of the times you're listening in to the chatter ("Grenade!!!" ...etc).

This game doesn't have that, so I think overlaying with music would be good. The only downside however is the players hardly make any noise at all, really all you hear is footsteps. Quake 3 worked because the players made a lot of noise, "Argh!!!","Huh!", etc.

Regardless, playing Doom Beta with the Quake 3 soundtrack (or similar music) in the background makes it a lot more fun to me.

TheWizard said:

Quake 3 worked because the players made a lot of noise, "Argh!!!","Huh!", etc.

Those are satisfying.

All you hear is gunfire, explosions, the Demon, and maybe landing sounds. So if I bother with the multiplayer at length i'll probably just put some Doom music in a Steam Music list and have it rocking out while playing.