Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Liam

The /newstuff Chronicles #90

myk said:

Let's say the text included with a particular WAD has a disclaimer that must be reproduced in the documentation accompanying any WAD or level that uses any contents from the former WAD. Let's say someone desn't even credit the authors of the resources. Not to mention that the best way to use those resources is to specify that the user should get the resource file itself (this shows respect for the original designers, since their art is being distributed and used in its original package; I remember Rich Sham did this with a recent WAD, as have many others).

Myk!

Thank you for noticing the credits. I believe you're referring to gothic textures. I think their great and I always try to give the credit to the original authors. The disclaimer and link I included is per their request in their text file.

Thanks again!

Rich Sham

Let's say the text included with a particular WAD has a disclaimer that must be reproduced in the documentation accompanying any WAD or level that uses any contents from the former WAD.

Lets say someone FORGETS that they used contents from another WAD because they were changed a while ago and were changed so much that they now look completely different. Lets also say that this someone had already publically released a wad with all the modified textures in several months previously, and had recieved 0 complaints about it.

Let's say someone desn't even credit the authors of the resources.

Lets say that the creator of the modified textures was contributing to a wad that another person was in charge of, and this other person didn't give any of the contributors time to submit credits (or indeed ANYTHING AT ALL) for the text file before releasing it.

Not to mention that the best way to use those resources is to specify that the user should get the resource file itself.

Lets say that the level designer didn't actually use any of the original resources; lets say he used heavily modified ones which he forgot were modified, and so lets say that anyone with an ounce of sense would realise that saying that another wad is required when it actually isn't would be rather silly.

Lets also say that a certain person stops bringing up a subject that is something like two years old, especially one that brings back bad memories, and ESPECIALLY one that this certain person wasn't involved with at all. Lets say that everyone who actually WAS involved got over it all a long time ago and none of them want it bringing up again.

Finally, lets say that this certain person has brought up this incredibly irrelevant and flameworthy subject simply because this person is unable to think up a suitable reason why he should be able to dictate what Doom source port other level designers make their levels for.

I just thought I'd mention that "blinded by fear" is a song by a swedish metal band called "At the Gates" which was kinda important in the scene..I bet it's no coincidence that the author of the wad has got a swedish sounding name? ;)
ok now kick me cause i spam but stuff like that is important for me to say :)

Lol, Toke. Sounds like somthing off Freddy Gets Fingered.
Come you have the description Loser under your name?