Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Check out this amazing match I found on YouTube.

Lol, you and I have similar tastes...I mean It's like the static rifle and the SSG was made for each other.

After playing the PC beta, the competition looks so much weaker on consoles. It's like the players take almost twice as long to aim/shoot back.

Am I the only one annoyed with how little he actually played the objective in that match? At some points he was actively staying away from the capture zone and backing away when it was being captured just to maintain his precious streak. I mean, they won, but largely because the other guys on his team were able to pick up the slack.

chubz said:

After playing the PC beta, the competition looks so much weaker on consoles. It's like the players take almost twice as long to aim/shoot back.

That's because they do. A big part of the reason I would never play this type of game on a console is that you can't do any kind of advanced movement with a controller. Good luck double jumping over somebody and then do an instant 180 while still in the air to shoot the dude in the head using a controller. You just can't. You need a mouse for that.

Man that was boring. And it's not at the fault of the player or the game mechanics. But watching a player go on a one man holocaust to the sound of a monotone robot and tranquil silence sucks the fun right out of it.

How can this have been played on a PC?
There are those "Press X to.." "Press A to..."

Not PS4... But XOne probably. I hear there are keyboard and mouse sets for the XOne, but I'm not sure.

hardcore_gamer said:

That's because they do. A big part of the reason I would never play this type of game on a console is that you can't do any kind of advanced movement with a controller.

At the very least, Splatoon's gyroscopic control scheme is surprisingly far more accurate and precise than the analogue stick. In fact, gyroscopic aiming in general seems to be a good compromise. In OoT 3D and MM 3D, for example, so many shots that would be a pain in the ass to line up with the analogue stick are done like dinner in a second with thy gyro.

And I'm now just remembering how much faster Splatoon is than the new Doom, haha.