Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DemonRage

Who here likes PSX doom?

I personally love it. its the reason i bought 2 playstations and a link cable. unfornately i pawned it off cause i could'nt find a second copy for my other ps. but i plan to go to the ends of the earth to find two copies of PSX doom. man i love mult-play co-op on that. plus do you prefer the psx music to the pc one or vise versa

PSX Doom is great. It the best console port of Doom you can get. That said, its multiplayer is kinda crappy compared to the PC version.

You can get PSX Doom here and PSX Final Doom here. PSX Doom can be had for $20 and PSX Final Doom for $10. The cheapest PSX Link Cable is by Nyko and can be found here for $15. If you need a decent Playstation or something you can get it here for $50. If you're having trouble beating you Doom games on the Playstation you can buy a GameShark for $20 or check look here. You might need to save your game for some reason, so if you have to put Doom down for a bit you can save your game by getting a memory card here for $20.

I love it to pieces! I Went to a lot of trouble to get the Doom Custom edition, and i was lucky enough to find 2 copies of Final Doom. I got it for my link cable. I love the new music and SFX for it too. I enjoy Doom when its a little scarier.

you can save your game with a memory card..

On PSX? No you can't. It's password only. Doom 64, maybe.

Lost Soul said:

On PSX? No you can't. It's password only. Doom 64, maybe.

Hmm, I could remeber saving to a memory card but then again I haven't played Doom PSX in like forever so maybe not :/

Ct_red_pants said:

Best port ever.

damn straight. my first doom experience. bought it without ever playing it. i just had a feeling...

I have DOOM on Saturn. the framerate is horrid but there are some levels the PSX version doesn't have so haha. This saved my freakin life when i didn't have a computer for a while. there isn't any multiplayer but the soundtrack is the same too. i like the soundtrack, it creepy.

My favorite port of Doom for any system. The music on PSX Doom is my favorite. The music's on my site, along with the music from ALL of the other Dooms (except for 3D0, which is coming soon).

elbryan42 said:

My favorite port of Doom for any system. The music on PSX Doom is my favorite. The music's on my site, along with the music from ALL of the other Dooms (except for 3D0, which is coming soon).

Yay, more Doom tracks to add to my playlist.

I might be able to get PSX Doom and/or Final Doom from a retrogaming sotre near me on Friday, depends on whether they have it or not.

PSX games there are about $7 (Australian) if you trade in an old PSX game for it.

PSX Doom was the game that brought me upon Dooming and gaming in general. I believe it was one of the best experiences in my life and has changed lots of aspects in general and of course, me. I am more of a smarter man then I once was without computer knowledge. My friend had a PSX and we rented Doom and ended up keeping it for 3 weeks until we finished it. I didn't have the PSX at the time Doom came out so I bought the game for computer, which is the main reason I lay around in my chamber and neglect the fact that you people are real. The dimensions of my surroundings has gotten to me.

well the version i had included doom2 as well as ultimate doom. are all psx dooms like that. cause this is the version that i need x2.

It rocks. But I need to get a copy, the local game store has it, so next payday, I might get it. Of Final Doom for PSX. We'll see. I already have Hexen for PSX...

Doom for the PSX is one awesome buy. Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, and a few exclusive levels thrown in for good measure. The action's fast, the control is sweet, and the music and graphics rock.

Final Doom for the PSX is pretty much a rip off. Sure, it's more Doom on the PSX, with more awesome music, but they only included 30 of the 80-85 levels of the PC version.

As for Hexen for the PSX, simplified architecture and slow scripting kills it. Great music though. :P

I love em all!. PC, PSX, Saturn, SNES, 32X, Jaguar, GBA, and N64.

I also have all of those as well.

(except the Jaguar version. DAMMIT!)

Yep, supurb. I played and played and played both PSX Doom and Final Doom from begining to end continuously for about 3 years. I just couldn't get enough. Great lighting, great sounds, great atmosphere, great game 99/100!
I'd played PC a little and it was great too (slow machine,early days)but when I got my own fast PC I couldn't believe it...100/100!:)

PSX Doom rocks! It was definitely the reason I bought a playstation in the first place.

I used to scare myself silly, playing with the lights turned off and the music volume up high(IMO the psx level music is the best music of any doom port).

/me runs to get out his psx in an attack of nostalgia.

You might wanna check out elbryans ripped mp3s of the PSX music if you like that stuff. I agree btw, PSX Doom is brilliant, especially Phobos. It gained a freshness, a scariness on my 20 inch TV that the PC version couldn't match.

It's a shame it didn't make use of a memory card. You have to change the button config on startup each time if like me you prefer O for fire. But meh, what a port-over.

pritch said:

You might wanna check out elbryans ripped mp3s of the PSX music if you like that stuff.

Yeah I saw that a while ago. I drooled for two whole days when I found out he had them, and promptly downloaded them all!! Excellent!

It's a shame it didn't make use of a memory card. You have to change the button config on startup each time if like me you prefer O for fire.

That sucked all right, although a lot of the early PSX games had that password setup, instead of a memory card. Still bugs me, as a matter of fact.

Well, they both sound pretty freaky, I hope that Doom 3 has that kind of atmospheric music.

Anyway, is it true that the PSX Final Doom (or Doom, I'm not sure) has redesigned skies and a new supershotgun model?

Livo said:

Well, they both sound pretty freaky, I hope that Doom 3 has that kind of atmospheric music.

Anyway, is it true that the PSX Final Doom (or Doom, I'm not sure) has redesigned skies and a new supershotgun model?

The SSG is a little thinner, that is about it.

Yes, PSX Doom r0x0rs. It's probably the best port over from the PC ever, and no other Doom game, besides Doom 64, can beat it.

Does Doom 64 have it's own maps or does it use Doom and Doom 2's maps, like the PSX version?