Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

How does aiming feel/work on PS4?

My PC won't be able to run it, so I'm getting it for PS4. Does aiming feel awkward? Is there a handicap designed to compensate?

I played on PS4 and it felt fine to me, especially since they offer two different controller layouts that map Jump to the L1 button, which allows you to jump and aim at the same time.

I didn't increase the sensitivity at all though, so if you're looking to do that you might have issues.

I did notice there's an Aim Assist option in the Settings that's enabled by default. I didn't try turning it off, but I didn't really notice any assist while playing. I guess it's very subtle, unlike COD which seems to almost lock you on to the enemy sometimes.

And I'm saying all of this as someone who had a 2:1 KDR. So I'm not a amazing at the game, but I'm good.

Feels totally fine, jump being on L1 was slightly odd at first but makes movement much more fluid and quick, no need to take your thumb off the joystick and press X or anything like that. Switching weapons is also the R1 button instead of the usual Triangle, also makes switching weapons faster.

Sensitivity sometimes got in the way, like when trying to manuever quickly in the air and spin around to grab ledges, but sensitivity can be adjusted.

This is PS4 footage
https://www.twitch.tv/derrickwie123/v/57894811

ChickenOrBeef said:

I did notice there's an Aim Assist option in the Settings that's enabled by default. I didn't try turning it off, but I didn't really notice any assist while playing. I guess it's very subtle, unlike COD which seems to almost lock you on to the enemy sometimes.

I tried out my buddy's PS4 and I agree, feels much more subtle than COD. I was nervous before trying it out 'cause I was wondering how leading rockets and what not would work, but with remote detonation and a more subtle aim assist it just felt natural.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but you should in theory be able to compete with PC players, and keep up, due to the nature of and pacing of the game. Yes, I played it on PC too, and I'm a big Quake Live and CS:GO player.

I enjoyed the PS4 more, but I think that will change once FOV is changeable. I also had a really big sun glare problem in my apartment since my curtain rod broke....so that might also be a big factor, couldn't see shit.

No, it needs an expensive device to set all the button inputs and mouse look. It fucking puzzles me why hasn't Sony done some sort of mouse/keyboard thing for their console. It would sell so fucking much.

On their own, the controls feel fine. I never had any problems with moving or looking. It feels like crap in multiplayer compared to PC, but I think it'll be fine for the pace of the single player.

LANEGRACABRA said:

It fucking puzzles me why hasn't Sony done some sort of mouse/keyboard thing for their console. It would sell so fucking much.

The PS3 had KB/M support before it even had trophies. The PS4 has it too. It's up to developers to support it.

DooM_RO said:

Why do people play shooters on consoles? I simply don't get it.

I'll be getting Doom on both PS4 and PC.

PS4 for the good cover art, the opportunity to own a physical copy, and single player.

PC for the multiplayer, SnapMap, and hopefully someday mods.

DooM_RO said:

Some of us like shooters but have a shitty PC rig, or can't afford to have both a console and a PC. I can't afford to upgrade or get a PS4, so I'm getting it for PS4 and playing it at my brother-in-law's, who conveniently lives next door.

DooM_RO said:

I only have a Macbook. Also, I prefer a gamepad overall anyway for comfort.

DooM_RO said:

Because not everyone wants to put up with a PC rig, there's as many pros to playing on a console as playing on a pc, it just depends on the user's point of view.

I never liked the DS controller layout, it feels very uncomfortable when playing shooters.