Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Everyone’s invited: Play the #DOOM Open Beta April 15-17

BluePineapple72 said:

Hopefully they add more stuff to try out

oh yes :O

and hopefully they'll change the announcer

That's actually pretty hilarious when you look at it in retrospect. Two years ago it was all "DOOM Beta! DOOM Beta! Remember to preorder TNO to get access to the DOOM Beta!" and now it turns out there's just a two week gap between teh marvelous pre-order bound Closed Beta and an Open one. I'm sure pre-ordering TNO and waiting 2+ years for the damn thing to materialize was worth it.

Touchdown said:

That's actually pretty hilarious when you look at it in retrospect. Two years ago it was all "DOOM Beta! DOOM Beta! Remember to preorder TNO to get access to the DOOM Beta!" and now it turns out there's just a two week gap between teh marvelous pre-order bound Closed Beta and an Open one. I'm sure pre-ordering TNO and waiting 2+ years for the damn thing to materialize was worth it.

No kidding. We (hopefully) all know to Never Preorder, but we also need to remember to Never Buy A Game To Get Access To Another Game.

Deatheye said:

and hopefully they'll change the announcer

The announcer is final, and is a character in the main SP game.

Touchdown said:

Yup. I was thinking the same thing

Great news and nice to open the beta a few days more. But they talk about a few new maps on season-pass and... what demon they say? What the hell...

Awesome! To bad the announcer is permanent, but I guess I'll get over him. I wonder if bethesda listened to us fans and changed anything to the beta.

MrInternational said:

Awesome! To bad the announcer is permanent, but I guess I'll get over him. I wonder if bethesda listened to us fans and changed anything to the beta.

I hope so as well. Else, the feedback forums would have been pointless imo.

Touchdown said:

This. So much fucking this. When I saw the title of the thread I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry. Oh well, at least we get to play some more of the game's multiplayer before the game launches, which I suppose isn't so bad. To bad I will have to re-install the beta again since I deleted it :(

hardcore_gamer said:

This. So much fucking this. When I saw the title of the thread I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry. Oh well, at least we get to play some more of the game's multiplayer before the game launches, which I suppose isn't so bad. To bad I will have to re-install the beta again since I deleted it :(

That's no problem, the beta uninstalled itself for anyone ;) (leaving 111mb on your drive)

tuo said:

That's no problem, the beta uninstalled itself for anyone ;) (leaving 111mb on your drive)

ANd that's why I backed up all beta content and now I don't need to download anything :-P Cos I knew that there's gonna be open test.

id.dav said:

ANd that's why I backed up all beta content and now I don't need to download anything :-P Cos I knew that there's gonna be open test.

As did I :) (also give more time to look through those files...)

Good, let me destroy all the Call of Duty kids who they think can noscope in this game..

Glaice said:

Good, let me destroy all the Call of Duty kids who they think can noscope in this game..

LOL I can't wait to troll them into thinking I committed suicide, then teleporting behind them and super shotgun blasting them in the face! =D

We Doomers are going to pwn some COD n00bs! =)

Touchdown said:

wolf preorders got an extra day of beta at least, we got it thursday through sunday instead of friday through sun, plus we got to just play it more. i got into the alpha too, so 3 plays before launch. quite satisfied with that.

Sadly, I realized the hard way that my old hardware can't handle the new Doom at all. I got as far as loading into a match and then it instantly crashed.

Intel Core2 Duo 3.16GHz, 5GB of RAM, and AMD HD 5670 512MB can't handle it, although I wonder what made it crash outright. Apparently, AMD crashes with this game aren't uncommon.

BluePineapple72 said:

Although I do think that people who got TNO should get something cool, like another playable demon or soenthing

Maybe a Wolfenstein-inspired skin.